Please share this bit of news with ALL your MBA Student friends
Nissan has launched a unique program to expose MBA students to the corporate world, while also promoting its own brand. Christened as the Nissan Student Brand Manager programme, the initiative aims towards exposing young students to the marketing world, and lets them use their creative faculty to the fullest.
This is the second year of the initiative, after meeting great success in its first year in 2010. The company aims to target 1,200 entries for appointing 20 NSBM’s and the tenure of the program will be for a period of a six (06) months starting from July to Dec’2011.
The 20-selected Student Brand Managers will play a key role in bringing brand Nissan closer to both – the student community and the public in general through innovative marketing initiatives. After undergoing training, the students will work closely with company officials on a variety of initiatives.
Participation and Selection Criteria
• The students who meet the eligibility criteria (should have completed first year of course) can participate in this innovative program by undertaking a small project outlined by the company.
• The students will register at the website (https://NSBM.in) and submit their proposal on the basis of theme decided by the Jury in a PPT or a PDF format up to 5 MB of data.
• 20-25 entries will then be shortlisted from every region and be called for the zonal rounds in Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi and Chennai to face the Jury for further selection
• 10 shortlisted students from all the four zones will be called in Mumbai for the final presentation and selection
• 20 students will finally be appointed after the final round in more than 15 cities. They will be trained by Nissan experts for the roll-out of 6 month program
The Nissan Student Brand Manager is an honorary position with the company and does not guarantee employment with Nissan. During their tenure, each student brand manager will get INR 30,000 as stipend and INR 20,000 as marketing budget to implement their initiatives for the full program. Apart from that each NSBM will be trained by the Nissan Corporate trainer and get a NSBM Kit (Digital camera, Visiting Card, T-shirt and Jacket) which equips them to conduct their initiatives in a professional manner.
Also each NSBM can get a “Nissan Micra” based on their requirements which further help them to understand marketing activities of an automobile brand.
This year, the jury members consists of eminent personalities from the Advertising and the Automobile fields such as Mr. Prahlad Kakkar, Ad Guru, Genesis Films, Mr. Harish Bijoor, CEO of Harish Bijoor Consults Inc, Mr. Hormazd Sorabjee, Editor of Autocar India Magazine.
Addressing students of K.J.Somaiya, Mr. Dinesh Jain, CEO, Hover Automotive India (HAI) said, “The Brand Manager program presents a unique challenge to the students to create a niche for them and raise the standards of excellence for their future. The idea of this program is to channelize the creative minds of the youth in the best possible manner. It also presents them an opportunity to learn various real life tasks with some of the best minds of our own. Going by the response to the program last year, we are expecting the feedback to be even better this year.”