It’s regular to see a dozen of new model launches at a motor show but what Skoda did was one of those rare things which many manufacturers may not do. The Czech car maker introduced eight new models in one day with the launch of the ‘Black Edition’ cars. Yes, you are not daydreaming. That’s E-I-G-H-T cars in a single day.
A limited edition model is now available on every one of Skoda’s cars – that’s everything from the Citigo supermini to the Superb executive Hatch and Estate.
Based on the already mid-level SE trim, the Black Edition range is available in either black or white exterior paint. Citigo, Roomster and Rapid would be available in black exterior paint only. Each car gets at least £1,200 (approximately Rs 1.23 lakh) worth of desirable optional extras, with Superb buyers benefiting from more than £3,200 (approximately Rs 3.30 lakh) of additional specification. The customer benefit is up to £1,720 (approximately Rs 1.77 lakh) depending on the model.
The exact detail of the enhancements varies by model, but examples of equipment that features in the Black Edition range includes black alloy wheels, additional black exterior styling details, sunset privacy glass, ‘Amundsen’ satellite navigation, DAB digital radio, full leather upholstery, cruise control, floor mats and metallic/pearl effect paint.
Expressing his views on the launch of Black Edition cars, Skoda Brand Director, Alasdair Stewart said, “The Black Edition cars further enhance the cutting-edge contemporary style to the entire range of Skoda passenger cars, yet still have our core philosophy of value-for-money motoring at their centre.”
The full ‘on-the-road’ price list of Skoda Black Edition cars is:
- Skoda Citigo Black Edition: from £10,090 (approximately Rs 10.39 lakh)
- Skoda Fabia Black Edition: from £15,490 (approximately Rs 15.96 lakh)
- Skoda Roomster Black Edition: £15,490 (approximately Rs 15.96 lakh)
- Skoda Rapid Black Edition: £16,880 (approximately Rs 17.39 lakh)
- Skoda Rapid Spaceback Black Edition: £18,250 (approximately Rs 18.80 lakh)
- Skoda Octavia Black Edition: from £21,685 (approximately Rs 22.34 lakh)
- Skoda Superb Black Edition: from £23,630 (approximately Rs 24.35 lakh)
- Skoda Yeti Black Edition: £23,990 (approximately Rs 24.72 lakh)
Sadly, India will not get a taste of these limited edition cars. All we can hope is Skoda introduces something of this sort for the Indian consumers as well.
Note: Calculation of conversion is based on rate of Pound versus Rupee as on July 18, 2014 at 1 British Pound Sterling equivalent to 103.06 Rupees.