Porsche 911 Turbo was introduced to the motoring world in 1974. The 911 Turbo combined the virtues of a circuit race car with those of an everyday road car.
In 1986, Porsche established a specialist department at the factory dedicated to tailoring cars to bespoke requirements, Porsche Exclusive. Porsche Exclusive provides customers with a customised vehicle that meets all of their requirements – in terms of both styling and performance. However, besides offering custom manufacturing, Porsche Exclusive also builds limited series cars.
The latest to come out of its stable was the Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition, the enduring appeal of the rear-engined, turbocharged 911.
As the name suggests, the new 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition is unique to the UK market and will be offered in a limited number of 40 and will be priced from £150,237. Available to order now, each car will be delivered together with a personal photo book documenting the production process, a bespoke Exclusive GB Edition indoor car cover and design sketches.
The 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition is powered by a flat six-cylinder twin-turbocharged engine that makes 560 hp. The 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition also features an all-wheel drive chassis with active rear axle steering. At speeds up to 50 km/h, when the front wheels are turned the system steers the rear wheels in the opposite direction. This results in a virtual shortening of the wheelbase by 250 mm, which gives the 911 Turbo better cornering agility. Other features include adaptive aerodynamics and full-LED headlights.
Company claims that the Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) active anti-roll system improves the handling capability. The 911 Turbo S can sprint from 0 to 100 kph in just 3.1 seconds and has a top speed of 317 kph.
In profile, the 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition shows a clear link to the first 911 Turbo – the black rear upper spoiler, Sport Classic wheels in black, black finished exterior door handles, and the black ‘Porsche’ script along the sills pay homage to its illustrious forebear. Inside, the black leather upholstery features Guards Red contrasting stitching and includes an embossed Union flag on the centre storage compartment lid.
Special features of the 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition are:
- Choice of three exterior colours: GT Silver metallic, White, Guards Red
- Contrasting exterior features in high gloss black: 20-inch Sport Classic alloy wheels, upper part of rear spoiler, SportDesign wing mirrors, exterior door handles
- Porsche logo script in black along door sills
- Storage compartment lid with embossed Union flag
- SportDesign steering wheel with centre marking in Guards Red and rim with Guards Red stitching
- Black leather interior with Guards Red stitching
- Privacy glazing
- Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
- Seat belts in Guards Red
- Personalised carbon door sill guards with ‘911 Turbo S – Exclusive GB Edition’ in illuminated lettering
- Carbon interior trim, including PDK gear lever, with chrome logo on dash insert
- Bespoke floor mats with leather edging and decorative stitching in Guards Red
- Complementary accessories including personalised indoor car cover, a unique photo book and key pouch in leather with decorative Guards Red stitching