BMW owned MINI has officially revealed its first ever five-door hatchback which is set to go on sale this fall.
The five door MINI, compared to the regular model has a 72mm elongated wheelbase (at 2567mm). This has increased rear legroom and foot space by 72mm while headroom has increased by 15mm. The longer MINI provides 61mm additional interior width at elbow height while the trunk capacity now stands at 278 liters, making it 67 liters more spacious than in the three-door variant. With the 60:40 split rear backrest folded down, the total cargo volume increases to 941 liters.
The engine lineup will be shared with its three-door cousin. The MINI five-door hatchback will be available with the following motors:
- 3-cylinder 1.5-liter TwinPower Turbo churning out 136 PS & 220 Nm (230 Nm with power boost)
- 3-cylinder 1.5-liter TwinPower Turbo diesel churning out 116 PS & 270 Nm in the Cooper D
- 4-cylinder 2.0-liter TwinPower turbo diesel churning out 170 PS & 360 Nm in the Cooper SD
- 4-cylinder 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo churning out 192 PS & 280 Nm (300 Nm with power boost) in Cooper S
Depending on the engine choice, MINI is offering a 6-speed manual gearbox, a 6-speed Steptronic transmission or a Steptronic sports unit.
Extensive range of standard features include :
- LED headlamps including LED daytime driving light and LED rear lights
- Adaptive light distribution and LED turning light
- LED fog lamp
- Lighting package with LED interior and orange-coloured ambient lighting
- Rain sensor with automatic driving light control
- Heatable windscreen
- Park Distance Control
- Comfort Access
- Electrically operated glass roof
- Roof rails
- Electrically heated and folding exterior mirrors
- Automatic anti-dazzle interior and exterior mirrors
- Heated seats
- 2-zone automatic air conditioning
- MINI navigations system
- Professional navigation system
- MINI Radio Visual Boost
- Harman/Kardon hi-fi speaker system
- DAB tuner
- DVD changer
MINI has already disclosed UK pricing details and the pricing starts at 15,900 GBP for the base Cooper. The Cooper D is priced at 17,050 GBP, the Cooper S at 19,255 GBP and the Cooper SD costs 20,050 GBP.
Deliveries of the 2014 MINI five-door hatchback are set to commence this fall once production begins at the Oxford plant.