Mercedes-Benz India announced a slew of After-Sales measures in an effort to assist the flood affected customers in Mumbai. Mercedes-Benz India has prepared a cross-functional task force from the After-Sales team to support the customers whose vehicles have been affected in the sudden Mumbai inundations, on Tuesday, 29th August. This cross-functional team is assessing the impact and preparing an action plan which is short to long term in nature.
Simultaneously, Mercedes-Benz’s partner, Allianz Global is recovering the affected vehicles and the retail network teams have committed additional manpower to support the customers. In a customer centric approach, both dealers in Mumbai have offered to absorb towing charges for cars recovered via Allianz Global. Further, Mercedes-Benz India and its dealer partners from neighbouring markets have come forward in deploying their trained technical experts to assist the Mumbai dealers in servicing the affected vehicles. This decision will reduce the lead time and result in faster repairs of the vehicles providing some relief to the customers.
Mercedes-Benz India is also offering discounts for spare parts. Daimler Financial Services India is also working on faster processing of insurance formalities of its insured cars. The insurance amount will vary depending upon the levels of damage incurred to the car, extent of engine damage and policy purchased by the customers.
An array of After-Sales initiatives includes the following:
- Earliest recovery of affected vehicle via Allianz Global.
- Both dealers in Mumbai to waive off towing charges, if applicable, for cars recovered via Allianz Global.
- Special discounts for spare parts.
- Procuring parts via air and the shipment charges will not be passed on to customers.
- Faster processing of MB insurance claims
- Designated teams at both dealerships for quicker turnaround time
- Neighbouring dealers to support by providing trained manpower, parts etc.
- Mercedes-Benz Technical Experts to supervise dealers and also offer consulting to customers whenever required.