Maruti Suzuki is testing the Ciaz sedan on the ourskirts of Gurgaon. The car was showcased in its concept avatar at the Auto Expo 2014. The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz India launch is slated to happen by mid of this year.
The production spec Ciaz will carry on the styling from its concept avatar. The car will feature sleek exteriors and a sporty stance. The interior of the car will share bits with the SX4 and the Ertiga. The steering wheel and AC vents will be identical to the above mentioned cars.
The equipment offered on the car may include :
- 15 inch alloy wheels
- Keyless entry
- Push button start
- Puddle lamps
- Leather seats
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will ride on the same platform as that of the Ertiga MPV. The car will be powered by the same 1.6 liter petrol motor from the SX4. Diesel engine duty is expected to be performed by the 1.3 liter DDiS motor. Also, reports suggest that Maruti will be offering the Fiat sourced 1.6 liter MJD on the car.
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will be available in L, V and Z trim levels and the highlights of these trims include:
- L and V variants will come shod with 185/60R15 spec tires
- Z variant will come with 195/55 R16 Tires
- Will come with rear A/C vents
- Steering wheel will be from the Ertiga
- Z trim level will come with keyless entry
- The V and Z trims will come with electric folding mirrors
- L spec will come with steel rims, V spec variant with 15 inch alloys and Z spec gets 16 inch alloys
- 1.3 litre Multijet Diesel Engine gets Hydraulic Mounts and Heavy damping for Low NVH levels
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will lock horns with the Hyundai Verna, Honda City, VW Vento, Nissan Sunny, New Ford Fiesta and the Skoda Rapid.
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz India launch and other details.