Hero Motocorp, as a part of its 5 product unveil event, showcased it brand new Dash scooter today. We have already updated you about the Hero HX250R 250cc motorcycle and the RNT diesel hybrid scooter earlier in the day. While those two are exciting products as regards performance and technology respectively, the Hero Dash scooter is a more mainstream product, with its eyes set on the lucrative 110cc scooter market, where HMSI is giving everyone a nightmare with its sheer dominance.
The Dash is powered by a 111cc, force air cooled, 4-stroke engine with 8.5PS of peak power @ 7500 rpm and 9.4 N of peak torque @ 5750 rpm. Those figures are par with industry and should give the dash enough firepower to give the competition a good fight. The Hero Dash comes with cast wheel 90/90 – 12 wheel/rubber setup up front and smaller 90/90 – 10 tubeless unit at the rear.
300mm dia telescopic front hydraulic shock absorbers carry out the suspension duties up front, with a single adjustable hydraulic shock absorber soaking up the bumps at the rear. Ground clearance is at 155mm and kerb weight is 110kg for the self start version of the scooter. Fuel capacity of the scooter is 6 liter with a useable reserve of 1.8 liters.
Hero Dash Tech Specs
Key features of the scooter as mentioned in the official release are mentioned below
- Powerful and fuel efficient 111cc engine
- Enhanced driving experience with a 12″ front wheel and telescopic hydraulic suspension
- Unique Key operated – External Fuel lid provides ease and convenience of faster re-fuelling
- Service Due & Side stand indicator in the console acts as a reminder for the rider
- Mobile Charging Socket provides the convenience of a quick re-charge for the mobile phone while on the move
- Bold styling with commanding stance on the road
- Stylish Digital Analog Meter Console
- Dual tone mirrors
- Large under seat storage
- Seat Storage itight
- Integrated braking system to enable precise braking even at high speeds
- Service Due & Side stand indicator
- Tubeless tyres for better safety