Ford Motor Company has been named a 2016 World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute – a distinction that comes as ethics in business increasingly affects customers and their purchase decisions. Ford is the only automaker to receive the distinction. This marks the seventh consecutive year Ethisphere Institute has named Ford a World’s Most Ethical Company.
Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, honors companies with top ratings in five categories – ethics and compliance, corporate citizenship and responsibilities, culture of ethics, governance and leadership and reputation.
More than half of respondents to the 2016 Harris Poll Reputation Quotient said they learn more about a company before deciding to do business with them. More than one-third decided not to do business with a company if they perceive the business has a negative reputation.
Timothy Erblich, Ethisphere’s Chief Executive Officer said that Ford understands that trust is the cornerstone of everything it does, and their commitment to being an active part of a global community helps explain why they are the only automaker Ethisphere has recognized every year since 2010. Being honored for the seventh time is no small achievement.
In addition to this honor from Ethisphere Institute, Ford has received additional honors, including:
- Forbes 2015 America’s Best Employers (133)
- Human Rights Campaign 2015 Corp. Equality Index – 100 percent
- Fast Company 50 Most Innovative Companies
- Universum 2015 U.S. Most Attractive Employer – Engineering (18)
- Universum 2015 World’s Most Attractive Company – Engineering (15)
- Fortune Change the World List
- Fortune World’s Most Admired
- LinkedIn 100 Most InDemand Employers
- Forbes Best Companies for Work-Life Balance