The Honda Dazzler was a speculation, however now it isn’t. HMSI has finally launched the Honda Dazzler in India. The bike will come with a price tag of Rs 62,900 (Ex-Showroom Delhi). As we predicted, the bike bears the same but a bit tweaked engine that churns out 14 bhp of power. The engine is a BS III compliant engine. Unlike the Unicorn, the Dazzler comes with 17″ alloy wheels, 110/80×17rear and 80/100×17 front tyre. Other predictions including the digital console has come true as well. The bike features both front and rear disk brakes.
Mr. Shinji Aoyama, President and CEO, HMSI said, “With good appreciation by Indian customers, Honda has always been on the growth momentum in India. We achieved sales of 12.7 lakh units in 2009-10 and have set a target of achieving 18% growth this year by selling over 15 lakh units. With our Fun, Safety and Environment initiatives, we are constantly trying to become a company that the society admires. Today’s launch of New CB Unicorn Dazzler is to satisfy the diversified needs of Indian customers. We will continue to provide such unique products for healthy expansion of fun-biking culture in India.”
Honda’s new viscous air filter, Maintenance free battery, Mono suspension spring and mirror!
The Bike will be available in four color themes including Armour Gold Metallic, Pearl Nightstar Black, Sword Silver Metallic and Pearl Siena Red colors. However, the earlier prediction which indicated that the bike will be able to return a mileage of about 70 kmpl wasn’t much acceptable. As a matter of fact, HMSI claims that the bike can return a fuel efficiency figure of about 60 kmpl which makes it closer to reality considering Unicorn’s reputation in the Fuel Efficiency department.
“The CB Unicorn Dazzler will be available to customers by end of May. It is an ideal bike for young people who aspire for aggressive style and performance. The bike offers blistering performance by delivering a power of 14 bhp and a mileage of 60 km per litre. With a price-tag of Rs 62,900 (Delhi Ex-Showroom), the bike is a very attractive option for the Indian youngsters. We plan to sell 120,000 units of CB Unicorn and CB Unicorn Dazzler in the first year,” said Mr. N. K. Rattan, operating head, Sales & Marketing, HMSI.
Click on next to view more official pictures of the Honda Dazzler
Click on next to view the spy pictures!
UPDATE: The Honda Dazzler has been brought to the showrooms in some of the cities and is available to be viewed by public. A lot of details have surfaced. after we gave you the first pictures of the bike. Listed below are some of the things that we have come to know about the bike in the last few hours.
1. The bike is said to produce 14.2 bhp and hit a top speed of 112km/h – which sounds like decent performance for this segment. However, the claimed fuel efficiency is said to be around 70kmpl, which is a little hard to believe.
2. The bike features a digital speedo with a bluish backlight. The tachometer is analogue with an illuminated needle. Rough description of the tacho suggests that it has a white dial and a bluish illumination for the needle.
3. The engine is now redlined at 9500 rpm, which means that the changes are not just cosmetic. Honda have done something to change the character of the engine as well to make it more rev happy and performance oriented. we can expected a slight improvement in terms of acceleration figures. The sprocketing is also reported to altered in favor of quicker acceleration.
4. There are no clip-ons and disc brake comes as an option. The bike also has an engine kill switch
5. The bike will be made available in four colours. While we don’t know the exact names used by Honda for these colours, a rough description of the four colours will be Cherry Red, Golden green, Silver and Black
6. The rear tyre seems like a 110-section unit and the tyres both up front and rear will be tubeless
7. There is no chain cover on the motorcycle.
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India are all set to launch their latest 150cc offering in the market on the 14th of May. The bike that was thought to be the new Unicorn at the Auto Expo is now presented to us Indians as a brand new motorcycle christened Dazzler. The new bike as evident in the pictures draws heavily from the Unicorn Sports Concept shown at the Auto Expo 2010. The Dazzler bike will have the same 150cc power plant that propels the current Unicorn, most probably without any alterations made to the engine’s state of tune. While this may not bring any smile on the faces of the performance enthusiasts, one can be sure that the rock solid and utterly reliable 150cc mill of the Unicorn will give them years of trouble free service.
Pg 1 of 2 Click Next for more info and pictures
Expect the price of the bike to be upwards of Rs 70,000 with some features like a digital speedo and a rear disc brake thrown in. As evident from the spy pictures, the Dazzler stays true to the design previewed at the Auto Expo, save for the colour scheme. While the Unicorn Sports Concept was done in a two-tone red and white sporty combo, the Dazzler will adorn a single colour scheme, with only a slight dash of black between the central and rear panels. The bike carries forward the new motorcycle design language of Honda heralded in India by the CB Twister. The Dazzler, as it should, looks like the elder brother of the CB Twister, what with those characteristic sabre-tooth tank panels and a bikini faired headlamp with that crown.
The seat is done in two-colours with a combo of black and grey. Unlike other motorcycles where the Honda’s metallic wings emblem is placed on the fuel tank, on this one the logo will sit on the tank panels. Stay tuned at Motoroids as we try and dig out some more info about the bike for you from our sources as the day proceeds.