Discovers in various avatars have swung by ever since Bajaj introduced them way back in 2004. Since then, Bajaj has been at it, tinkering the Discover over time to suit rapidly changing tastes of the commuting class. The new Discover 150 twins are Bajaj’s new jab at the premium commuter segment, and now form the flagship of the Discover lineup- the range now starts with the 100T and these new 150 twins top it off.
The Discover 150 comes in two flavors- a half-faired F and the more skimpily dressed S, which does away with the fairing.
What’s the difference?
The 150 F’s half-fairing shows a modicum of sporty intent, while the partly digital instrumentation and LED tail lamps add some more finesse. The 150 S gets a smaller bikini fairing, but retains the F’s headlamp cluster along with the pilot lamps, yet does away with the LED tail lamps. The S also gets a regular analog instrument cluster. Apart from that, both the bikes share the same cycle parts. Also, all that paraphernalia also makes the F 5 Kgs heavier than the S- that does very mildly reflect on the dynamics a tad, but more on that later.
Half fairing on the Bajaj Discover 150 F
Partly digital instrument cluster on the Bajaj Discover 150 F
More Action From Motoroids
About the Author (Author Profile)Ayan spent quiet afternoons leafing auto mags in a small, sleepy industrial town in West Bengal. Following the advent of the internet, he involved himself in forums and on the web about all things automotive. Sketching skills led him to believe he was fit for automotive design, but after a tempestuous PG Course in Transportation Design, Ayan hopped on with the Motoroids India team.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Why the KTM RC 390 will be the King of the perfomance hill for a long time to come - Motoroids.com | August 20, 2014
- Five upcoming 150cc bikes in india 2014 [Discover 150F; Pulsar 150NS; Xtreme Sports, Yamaha R15, Gixxer 155] - Motoroids.com | September 1, 2014
- Upcoming Bajaj Bikes in India 2014-2015 [Pulsar 180NS, SS200, SS400, CS400, Discover F150] - Motoroids.com | September 1, 2014
- Harley-Davidson Street 750 wins IMOTY 2015: Is it justified? | Motoroids.com | December 18, 2014
- Top read Motorcycles reviews in 2014 | Motoroids.com | December 31, 2014
- List of 20 top read articles in 2014 on Motoroids | Motoroids.com | December 31, 2014