A few weeks back we brought to you the details and specs on the new 2012 Corolla Altis. Now, Toyota Kirloskar Motor has launched the new version of the car in India.
The petrol variant of the new car comes with an all new powerful 2ZR Dual VVT-I engine. The 1798 CC petrol engine now produces an increased output of 140 PS @ 6400 rpm and an improved torque of 173 Nm @ 4000 rpm.
The petrol variant is available in both automatic and manual transmission options. There is a seven speed CVT auto and a six-speed manual gearbox on offer with the new Corolls Altis. The new auto transmission is a 7 speed CVT with sequential shifts. The manual 6-speed transmission replaces the earlier 5-speed transmission. Toyota Kirloskar is claiming a better driveability, smoother shifts, better mid range torque, lower emissions and greater acceleration on the highways with the new engine-tranny combo.
The Diesel variant retains its 1ND D-4D Diesel Engine with Variable Nozzle Turbo & Intercooler with 6 speed manual transmission. It continues to provide impressive fuel efficiency of of 21.45 kmpl (ARAI).
Apart from the engines, the interior of the Corolla Altis has also witnessed a makeover. New plush leather perforated seats, darker grey upper interior colour and the dark wood finish inserts are some of the alterations made to make the cabin look plusher. More new features include push start/stop button, smart entry, new DVD touch screen audio with bluetooth, new design optitron meter with eco diving indicator, remote boot opener and reverse sensor parking sensors.
Exterior has also undergone minor upgrades. Headlamps, grille, and the boot have been modified to keep the Altis fresh. The diesel variant gets new design grill with bar and mesh. The New Corolla Altis is available in array of 7 colours.
The new Corolla Altis has been priced at Rs 10,53,300 and Rs 14,77,400 for the petrol variant. Diesel variant for the car has been pegged at Rs 11,46,500 and Rs 14,55,000. Both prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
Here’s a detailed list of features on the new Corolla Altis
• Distinctive front grille for a dynamic new look (also available in diesel)
• Pronounced rear bumper, sleek rear combination LED tail lamps and rear chrome garnish for a sporty appearance
• Front angular headlamps for a sharp and refined look
• Push Start/Stop button
• Smart Entry
• Thoughtfully designed backlit Optitron meter with eco driving indicator (also available in diesel)
• 6.1” DVD Touchscreen Audio with bluetooth (also available in diesel)
• Reverse sensor
• Remote boot opener
• Darker wood finish (also available in diesel)
• Perforated leather seats (also available in diesel)
• Rear arm rest with wood finish and lid for cup holder (also available in diesel)
• The genius new Dual VVT- i petrol engine, provides the perfect blend of power, fuel efficiency and low emissions
• New generation super CVT- i with 7 speed sequential shiftmatic or the 6-speed manual transmission
Present at the launch Mr. Michihiko Sato, Chief Engineer – Corolla Altis , Toyota Motor Corporation said “Following half a century of continuous evolution, responding to the needs of the times, the New Corolla Altis design and driving performance has been further refined to continue being a leader in its class. The contemporary styling and intelligent performance takes the experience of owning a Corolla Altis to an all new high. The New Corolla Altis represents the best of global motoring experience and also further strengthens Toyota’s commitment to the Indian market”