Team Motoroids is right now in Mumbai where the latest Nissan Micra Diesel will be making its first public appearance at the company’s Ichibaan Nissan showroom. And like always we shall keep you updated about the happenings thereof; so that you don’t feel like you missed anything!
Here we go…
First a warm up pic, from the venue where the stage is being set…
– Mr. Kiminobo Tokuyama, MD & CEO, Nissan India along with Mr. Manoj Kumar, VP Operations, Hover Automotive India are presiding over the event.
– Mr. Tokuyama says that the success of the Micra petrol has given them immense confidence to launch the diesel version within five months of launching the Nissan Micra petrol variant.
– India is the first country to get the 1.5 litre diesel engine in a small car. Micra Diesel is exclusive to India at the moment, with no plans of exports in the pipeline yet.
– Micra Disel is said to be a combination of agility, performance and fuel efficiency.
– The top bed model of the Micra constitutes to 65% of Micra’s overall sales.
– Micra Diesel’s efficiency of 23.08 km to a litter is highest in its class. The 1.5 litre diesel powerplant will churn out 64 PS of max power and 160 Nm of max torque.
– The Micra sedan will be launched in Q2 of 2011. However, China will get its Micra sedan by the end of this month. The diesel variant will come in six exciting colours.
– Here is the snap of Mr. Manoj Kumar, VP Operations, Hover Automotive India addressing the media…
Here is the snap of Mr. Kiminobo Tokuyama, MD & CEO, Nissan India, addressing the media…
– A commendable number of Micra diesel’s has already been booked by customers. Overall, the bookings for the Micra small car has crossed 8,000 units.
– Here are the pricing details- The Micra Diesel XV will be priced at Rs. 5.85 lakh & Micra Diesel XV Premium will come with a tag of Rs. 6.33 lakh (Ex- showroom, Mumbai)
– The Nissan Micra Diesel sales will commence today!
– Nissan has a total of nine new models lined up over the years. There is the ‘V- Platform’ based sedan in 2011 and the VN200 MPV along with Ashok Leyland reserved for 2012. Details about the other models will be announced at a later stage.
– Nissan has exported a total of 15,000 Micra’s up to date. The production capacity of the Micra will also be ramped up from the current 2 lakh unit to 4 lakh unit per year.
– Mr. Anuj Mehta from Mumbai is the first customer of the Nissan Micra Diesel!
– Launch function concludes with handing over the key to Mr. Mehta, a proud owner.
Stay tuned to Motoroids.com for a detailed report and more live pics of the Nissan Micra Diesel