The Ford Fiesta ST gets even hotter as the car maker reveals a 200PS version of the compact hot hatch ahead of the Geneva Motor Show. The new Ford Fiesta ST200 model delivers 10 per cent more power and 20 per cent more torque, with 200PS and 290Nm from a specially calibrated 1.6-litre EcoBoost petrol engine. Moreover, the Fiesta ST200’s EcoBoost engine can also deliver an additional 15PS and 30Nm of torque for up to 15 seconds using transient overboost.
The most powerful production Fiesta ever, the Fiesta ST200 is claimed to sprint from 0-62mph in 6.7sec, and will feature an exclusive specification including a Storm Grey exterior, machined matt black alloy wheels and special interior detailing. The claimed top speed for this upcoming hot hatch stands at 143mph. Production of the Fiesta ST200 starts from June but it is highly unlikely to reach Indian shores.
In addition to the exclusive exterior colour and 17-inch alloy wheel specification, Fiesta ST200 models also will feature red painted brake callipers and an enhanced interior with unique partial leather Charcoal Recaro front seats and contrasting silver stitching, alongside illuminated scuff plates and seatbelts with silver detailing.
Like the Fiesta ST, the ST200 delivers a claimed optimised cornering and agility using:
- Enhanced Torque Vectoring Control and 3-mode Electronic Stability Control
- A specially modified front steering knuckle
- An adapted rear twist-beam with increased roll-stiffness
- Unique front and rear spring and damper settings with a 15 mm lower centre of gravity
- Sharper 13.69:1 steering ratio and shortened steering arm
- Enhanced braking system with a larger tandem brake master cylinder and rear disc brakes
Here are some more images of the upcoming 200PS Ford Fiesta ST200. Do share your views about the ST200 with us through the comments section below.