In sync with their new product strategy which focuses on upscale, performance oriented machines, Hero Motocorp will launch an all-new motorcycle in Delhi Today. The Hero Xtreme NXT 200R will be the bike maker’s first all-new 200 cc+ bike in as many years after going solo post their split with Honda. Going by the silhouette in the teaser images, the actual bike should look pretty similar to the version which was first displayed at the Auto Expo 2016.
Hero Motocorp’s most aggressively styled production motorcycle till date, the Xtreme 200R flaunts distinct styling elements like a belly pan, air vents in the front cowl, X-themed tank extensions and a flush fitting rear tyre hugger. The bike sports conventional forks up front and a mono shock at the rear, front and rear disc brakes and LED illumination bits.
It is powered by an air cooled, single cylinder, 4-stroke 200 cc engine which is good for 18.4 PS at 8,000 rpm and 17.1 Nm at 6,500 rpm, all going to the rear wheel via a 5-speed gearbox. Our man is at the launch event in Delhi and this post will be updated with all the information and images real time. So keep the F5 key close and stay tuned!
12:18 PM Officially known as the Hero Xtreme 200R. The bike features a Semi digital instrument console, LED taillamps, tank pad as standard, 276mm front disc brake, 220 mm rear disc, optional ABS and very nice graphics. Engine features a balancer shaft to reduce vibrations. Develops 18.4 PS at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque of 17.1 Nm at 6,500 rpm.
- Hero Motocorp has worked hard to ensure the Xtreme 200R sounds unique and sporty
- 0 – 60 kph in 4.6 seconds. Top speed: 114 kph
- 37mm front forks with anti-friction bush
- 8-way adjustable rear mono shock
- First Hero Motocorp bike with a 130 section MRF Revvz radial rear tyre
- Overall seating position is slightly leaned forward but still provides comfortable seating. 795 mm seat height
- Styling has moved from sharp and sleek earlier iteration of the Hero Xtreme to Muscular and dynamic
- Five colour options available. The bike will arrive in showrooms starting April 2018
- The Xtreme 200R feature LED pilot lamps and LED taillights
- No Fuel injection. The Xtreme 200R is fueled by a CV type carbeuretor
Below is a picture with official specs: