#16 arn

arn

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

Starting 8th june

Will reach Manali in 3 days, make some arrangements regarding logistics, and proceed to keylong for acclimatization. The ride will start once that is done.

#17 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

MapmyIndia have very kindly agreed to become the official navigation partners for us. They will provide us a live tracking system to let us know when Dr. sleeps and stays stationary for more than he should. We'll all be able to track his progress LIVE on a Google Maps page integrated withe Motoroids.
Also, they will be provided us a top of the line navigation system so that Arn can navigate out of tricky cities like Delhi and Bangalore without any hassle. Wish you all the best Doc - go on, wreck the record!

#18 razorBlades

razorBlades

Duking!

• Administrators
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:22 PM

Revmaster said:

MapmyIndia have very kindly agreed to become the official navigation partners for us. They will provide us a live tracking system to let us know when Dr. sleeps and stays stationary for more than he should. We'll all be able to track his progress LIVE on a Google Maps page integrated withe Motoroids.
Also, they will be provided us a top of the line navigation system so that Arn can navigate out of tricky cities like Delhi and Bangalore without any hassle. Wish you all the best Doc - go on, wreck the record!

wow, this is a good news.. now we have something to check his tracks daily :D (for souls like me who does not have much to do at office ;))
when arn sleeps more than he should now we can wake him up :D:p
The only time you'll see me down on one knee, is on my bike!

Posted Image Posted Image

#19 arn

arn

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:39 PM

razorBlades said:

wow, this is a good news.. now we have something to check his tracks daily :D (for souls like me who does not have much to do at office ;))
when arn sleeps more than he should now we can wake him up :D:p

Naaah, nobody's gonna wake me up when I sleep, only the ride co ordinator will have my number, and I will be using a fresh SIM for the trip, calling on my regular number will only result in a chat with my clinic attendant! Both our numbers will be on a need to know basis only - but there will be guys from motoroids who will be there to field your calls and give information you cannot find on the site.

Bike still at the workshop, more or less chhutta since yesterday, they are overloaded and shortstaffed there. It's awaiting Mr Kevin's TLC, which is due tomorrow. Meantime, the topbox mount is more or less complete, only final assembly is required

Edited by arn, 26 May 2010 - 09:45 PM.

#20 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:28 PM

We'll have to plan in advance as to who's going to coordinated with you as regards phone calls. I think it will require more than one person. Lets discuss this sometime soon

#21 razorBlades

razorBlades

Duking!

• Administrators
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:38 AM

arn said:

Naaah, nobody's gonna wake me up when I sleep, only the ride co ordinator will have my number, and I will be using a fresh SIM for the trip, calling on my regular number will only result in a chat with my clinic attendant! Both our numbers will be on a need to know basis only - but there will be guys from motoroids who will be there to field your calls and give information you cannot find on the site.
:D

btw, can we start a live tracking thread of arn's ride were people can know the updates from him thru the motoroids coordinator? :D

cant wait for the record breaker to start :)
The only time you'll see me down on one knee, is on my bike!

Posted Image Posted Image

#22 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

razorBlades said:

:D

btw, can we start a live tracking thread of arn's ride were people can know the updates from him thru the motoroids coordinator? :D

cant wait for the record breaker to start :)
Razor we can do that here only. No?
BTW Anyone with contacts in the Army? Doc will require some special permissions to start off from Khardung La at an odd, non-permitted hour. Any help in this regard will be really, really appreciated. We are also looking at volunteers in Delhi / Manali / Chandigarh for some coordination. Any volunteers?

#23 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:22 PM

Revmaster said:

Razor we can do that here only. No?
BTW Anyone with contacts in the Army? Doc will require some special permissions to start off from Khardung La at an odd, non-permitted hour. Any help in this regard will be really, really appreciated. We are also looking at volunteers in Delhi / Manali / Chandigarh for some coordination. Any volunteers?
Yup we can do it here!

No army connections here though :D

Life is tough, only to make you tougher!
Ride right, Ride safe, and Ride hard!

#24 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

satyenpoojary said:

Yup we can do it here!

No army connections here though :D

Any updates on the permissions? Any more sponsors apart from MMI?

If Doc would have been in a relatively better country...his riding gear and his bike would have been flooded with sponsor stickers...alas here :)

These type of record runs are such a wonderful platform for even the bike mfrs to showcase the reliability of their product...but then they prefer to pay crores to someone who like to chase the storm for his cap and that too in reel. Dumbers!!!

#25 arn

arn

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:40 PM

Update:

Another day at the workshop. Engine rebuild put on hold on account of unavailable (worn) shifter fork which was causing false neutrals between gear 1 and 2, ditto swingarm rebuild - unavailable sprocket bearing as of the pre lunch session. Probably assembled by now if the bits have been dug out from somewhere...

Plenty of work still left - carb OH, fork OH, brake OH + some electrical stuff before I can look fwd to a "new bike" lets see when it all works out......

#26 sheelpriye

sheelpriye

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:05 AM

there are still few days left, but the sooner work on the motorcycle finishes, the better
Ben Spies

The bike does not define you, but the actions you perform while on the bike do.

#27 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

Doc, you switching to the normal shocks?

#28 arn

arn

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

Absolutely not, the monoshock rocks! Added some reinforcement to it to avoid a "Parimal", though not strictly necessary - it was already attached to a plate, not just the  sheet metal of the swingarm.....

#29 KwokFist

KwokFist

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

Is mangalore on the route?
Meghan Naik
MotoRep - Mangalore
--
Storming!