- - - - -

The 2013 Ninjette...! What A Stonker...!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 j4zb4

j4zb4

True Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

The quarter-liter sport bike market is about to get more interesting, as photos of the 2013 Kawasaki Nina 250R have sprung from Kawasaki Japan’s corporate site, ahead of the bike’s presumed late-fall international launch. Revising the long-time tested aesthetic of the previous generation Kawasaki 250R, the 2013 model takes more than a few cues from the current generation Kawasaki ZX-10R.

One of the best selling motorcycles in the United States, the Kawasaki Ninja 250R is surely feeling the pressure from Big Red, as the Honda CBR250R came to market last year, and has been a strong seller locally and internationally. With KTM to bring a 350cc sport bike to the USA in 2014, and other manufacturers eyeing the learner-bike model segment, Kawasaki has surely been feeling its dominant position in this space coming under fire, and has acted in response.

Not just last year’s machine in new clothing, the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R features an all-new parallel-twin motor that has a dual-throttle valve, new pistons, cylinders, and crank cases. The new motor is said to make more torque in the low and midrange, when compared to its predecessor. The chassis is more rigid for 2013, and has more rubber bushings to reduce vibrations. Kawasaki has also updated the suspension pieces, and included wider 140mm tires on the baby Ninja.
Since technical details are still scarce, we have to evaluate the bike mostly superficially, but the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 250R looks the business. A sporty and attractive machine, Kawasaki has addressed the concern that new sport bike riders may understand the importance of starting on a smaller machine, but ultimately are attracted to the “cool factor” attributed to the more stylized supersport-class bikes.

Equipped with optional ABS, it is good not only to see a lower-class model getting some nice tech, but for the intended purchaser, having ABS on-board seems like a smart decision on Kawasaki’s part, and makes for a smart distinction between the 2012 Kawasaki 250R and the other 250cc models.
No word on price yet, nor availability in the United States. More info as we get it.

Source Link

Worth the wait I guess... :D

#2 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Posted Image

http://www.motoroids...aki-ninja-250r/

The article just made my heart skip a beat. One fabulous looking motorcycle that. Though its too early to get excited about- in case this is on the Indian launch charts, I'd say that the boffins at Bajaj think with a sane mind- price it well enough without being too greedy under the pretext of customs duty and keep the spares cost reasonable. Though the existing N250R owners might feel bad, but then that's business.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR TRAFFIC

A small bunch of my biking memories

#3 arn

arn

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

Definitely improved bike but for Kawas to sell in any numbers in India, they also have to take a very hard look at the pricing, including that of it's spares. 20,000INR speedometers... that sort of stuff don't fly here.

#4 nav75

nav75

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

View Postpulsurge, on 02 August 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

The article just made my heart skip a beat. One fabulous looking motorcycle that. Though its too early to get excited about- in case this is on the Indian launch charts, I'd say that the boffins at Bajaj think with a sane mind- price it well enough without being too greedy under the pretext of customs duty and keep the spares cost reasonable. Though the existing N250R owners might feel bad, but then that's business.
You are not alone to miss heartbeats. :)
I missed myself too but then mind immediately pumped the current price information and heart started to beat normally.

View Postarn, on 02 August 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

Definitely improved bike but for Kawas to sell in any numbers in India, they also have to take a very hard look at the pricing, including that of it's spares. 20,000INR speedometers... that sort of stuff don't fly here.
Absolutely. A freind had a crash, in which bike was damaged but not to much. The bike could be ridden back from Lonavala to Pune, without much issue.
The bill was almost 33% of the cost of the bike. Now that's crazy.

#5 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

The bike looks what it should have been looking.. Read somewhere that Kawa are pricing it similar to the current model but i doubt that part..
Bajaj should really work hard to get its price right, there are many who would pay 50k to 70k premium for it over the cbr..
But 3L + ex-showroom would again keep customers at bay.. Same goes for the spares as well..
To travel is better then to arrive - Anonymous

#6 AMG

AMG

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

It even has a fuel gauge.

Posted Image

#7 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

What a looker... now if only BAL + IKLM comes up and announce that this is going to be assembled in India.. Spark would have a new brother!!!

Life is tough, only to make you tougher!
Ride right, Ride safe, and Ride hard!

#8 j4zb4

j4zb4

True Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

View Postsatyenpoojary, on 09 August 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

What a looker... now if only BAL + IKLM comes up and announce that this is going to be assembled in India.. Spark would have a new brother!!!

I thought Spark was up for sale...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users