- - - - -

Motoroids Track day event

46 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_motorcycho_*

Guest_motorcycho_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:31 PM

Team Motoroids is taking the initiative of organizing a Track day for the fellow members of the biking community.
This will include, gathering the maximum number of interested bikers from Pune, Mumbai and nearby regions and arrange for the following facilities for the people opting to hit the tracks-

• Transport of the rider
  • Logistics of the bike
  • Hotels and accommodation near the track

Either of the Chennai Track or the Kari Motor Speedway (Coimbatore) being the only options, would be selected for the following track event.

The cost will have to worked out effectively so as the burden of the cost of accommodation and logistics of the bike will be brought down by a huge margin.

Dates will be finalized according to the participating members.

The only criteria being numbers so as everything goes well, is what the member of this community have to take care of.More the members,better for us to avail group discounts on the expenses.
Kindly spread in the news among your biking enthusiast friends who would be interested in this event and maybe experience the track day for the first time!

Interested members are requested to drop in  mail at

trackday@motoroids.com

Including the details in the following manner-

• Name
  • Email ID
  • Bike on which you would be taking part on,in the event.

You can add in your questions and doubts in the mail or you can post it in this thread.

Lets make this happen.
Hoping to see a great response from all of you!

Ride safe.

#2 razorBlades

razorBlades

Duking!

• Administrators
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:01 PM

great initiative.. me and few of my friends will be interested! :)

when have u guys planned to go there?

#3 Guest_rash_rp_*

Guest_rash_rp_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:04 PM

Nothing planned as of yet. It all depends on the amount of people that come, what kind of bikes are coming, feasible dates available etc. So as of now, we are only taking a count on how many on interested so that we can take the plan to the next level.

#4 avinrichards

avinrichards

• Moderators
  • 726 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:27 AM

which track are you plannng to use ? the chenai track will work out cheaper actually and its not bad a track either.. None of us being pro's here , it will still be challenging.

#5 roadrunner

roadrunner

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

I'm in for this :)

#6 Guest_motorcycho_*

Guest_motorcycho_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:16 AM

Guys I hope you all have dropped in an email regarding the same, on the address mentioned above.

#7 kamikaze

kamikaze

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

Great initiative. However, is it not possible to get the Bajaj's test track for a track day? Atleast Bajaj bikes can participate! :P With Ninja around and Pulsar 220 trying to defend its Fastest Indian image (race kitted R15 is a rival) , a trackday for owners would be a great PR! Yamaha does it all the time!  

The logistics to go to Chennai or Coimbatore will be huge!

#8 Twinturbo

Twinturbo

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:27 PM

Im in. I put up in chandigarh, and i am ready to come all the way.

#9 Guest_motorcycho_*

Guest_motorcycho_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:27 AM

kamikaze said:

However, is it not possible to get the Bajaj's test track for a track day? Atleast Bajaj bikes can participate!

The Bajaj test track is solely made for the reason of testing those bikes, and as far as the Track goes, its merely a test track rather then a race track.Its not too wide and has very few corners.

Any ways, its never open for outside public, apart from media rides for some bikes and their own testings.

#10 Dirtyharry46

Dirtyharry46

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

well i am harry from chandigarh,and i"ll b surely participating in this event..i hope i jus get my pulsar200 delivered in fine condition on track..i guess talent shud come from north india also...v dnt have any other option but come down to south for racing as chandigarh motorsports not doin anything regarding track racing..so hoping for the good times...

#11 mayurkp

mayurkp

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:11 PM

Guys im also in for the track test...got a Honda Unicorn.

#12 Sagar46

Sagar46

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:59 AM

what's are the tentative dates that we are looking at? I know a lot of people who are really interested in participating in this event but would like to have an approx. idea of the concerned dates before signing up.

#13 Andy

Andy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

We are looking at late December. The only thing we are worried about is rain, which may play spoilsport, but then again, we cannot do much against the elements, can we?
Views from members about the most suitable time frame are welcome. Guide us in tailoring this event for you.

#14 Sagar46

Sagar46

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

Andy said:

We are looking at late December. The only thing we are worried about is rain, which may play spoilsport, but then again, we cannot do much against the elements, can we?
Views from members about the most suitable time frame are welcome. Guide us in tailoring this event for you.

Thanks for the info. It'll surely help to get the ball rolling.

#15 razorBlades

razorBlades

Duking!

• Administrators
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:11 PM

late december is great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users