#1 prash078

prash078

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

Hi folks,

My Honda CB Twister is 2 years old with a mileage of 10,400 KM. These days I only use it during the weekends and the electric-start is lacking cranking power. Even after riding the bike for over 100 KM, it can only be fired a couple of times, after that the electric starter dies out. However, all other electric systems work fine. Has the battery reached its end of life? Is this too early or is this the expected life I can get out of the battery? Will a full charge of the battery at the service center solve the issue? It's a 12V 3Ah maintenance free battery.

Please explain this behavior. Also, please suggest some good replacement maintenance free batteries for my bike.I feel Amaron maintenance free batteries are good.

Regards,
Prashanth

#2 Silver Phantom

Silver Phantom

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

Well i feel (from your description) that the Starter is pulling a Lot of power and draining the Battery.. Get the Starter and its related electronics checked.. also check for the Batery fluid Density.. and charging timing and charecteristics... These are the only 2 major points that come to mind for this problem.. But wait for some more feedback from others too...
Chaitanya Vedak / Silver Phantom
~A Motorcycle cant sing in the streets of a City~
My Personal Snaps and Videos Web Album
My Private Site for my Rides, Drives and Craziness
My Youtube Channel
Blood Group- B-ve:D Attitude- B+ve:D:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users