21 replies to this topic

#1 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

Mercedes unveils the 2013 SLS AMG GT

As if the SLS AMG was not enough of a supercar, Mercedes has introduced the 2013 SLS AMG GT.

The SLS AMG GT is equipped with a 6.2 liter V8 motor that produces 20 bhp more, i.e, 583 bhp at 6800 RPM. The car has got an upgraded seven speed double clutch gearbox that enables faster shifts and enables the car to reach 200 kmph in 11.2 seconds. The car has a top whack of 317 kmph. The suspension now has a two-mode AMG Ride Control System which offers a stiffer setup and more precise handling. The car also gets adjustable dampers with Sport and Sport Plus options. Talking about the footwear, the car comes shod with 19 inch 265/35 contour at front and 295/30 at rear. The new alloy wheels design has 10 spokes and these are painted in Matt black. The car also gets red painted brake calipers and of course, a GT badge. On the inside, the car gets a flat bottom steering wheel clad in Alcantara, new black dials and a little dosage of black gloss finish to the dashboard.

The key data at a glance:

Cylinder arrangement: ?V8
Valves per cylinder: 4
Displacement: 6208 cc
Bore x stroke: 102.2 x 94.6 mm
Compression ratio: 11.3:1
Output: 583 hp at 6800 rpm
Max. torque: 479 lb/ft at 4750 rpm
Fuel economy: 14 city / 20 highway / 15 combined
Acceleration 0-60mph: 3.6s (est)
Top speed: 197mph*

Please note, preliminary figures. * electronically limited

Other attractive optional extras for the SLS AMG GT include (extract):
• AMG carbon-fiber exterior mirrors
• AMG carbon-fiber engine compartment covers
• AMG Interior Carbon-Fiber package (carbon-fiber trim, trim on seat backrest and side, door sill panels)
• AMG carbon ceramic high-performance composite braking system
• AMG Performance Media
• AMG 10-spoke forged wheels in additional colors
• AMG carbon-fiber interior trim
• Bang & Olufsen BeoSound AMG surround sound system

View the full article

#2 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

The biggest problem with this car is, people will think how big of a show off are you..
Merc should have done away with the stupid doors and gone the conventional way..
To travel is better then to arrive - Anonymous

#3 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

^^^Kuchh bhi....the gullwing doors were a part of the legendary form that the SLS was in its days :mad2:
LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR TRAFFIC

A small bunch of my biking memories

#4 NikhilB

NikhilB

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

@Rahul

:o Stupid doors???
Those gullwing doors are le-gen-dary...
I like 'em Naked.

My thoughts

#5 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

What more Rahulbeta...Lambo, Rolls???

#6 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

Seriously they are show off and not legendary, people always remember the SL300 and think it is a successor...
Conventional doors are a lot better, even for practicality, imagine a situation where you are upside down in it and are on fire :eek: and now ask yourself how are you going to open the door..?? You will :rip: ..
There is a solution to it which i will tell later.. ;)

#7 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

Man, they would have definitely thought about the fire stuff- they are a heck lot intelligent than me and you. Also when was the last time you saw an SLS burn? I remember years back when I happened to read a review about a soft top SLK and thought what if the car topples...but the front screen frame was so strong- they even demonstrated the strength by toppling the car upside down.

#8 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Forget the fire part imagine the crash is too bad, you are upside down and you are running out of blood and time with nobody around to help you.. Now what..?? -_-

#9 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

Am surprised you didn't know about this. I remember seeing it on NGC..they have something like a explosive charged hinges similar to a fighter jet which separates in case of a crash.

#10 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

I said there is a solution to it which i will tell later.. which also meant i knew it..
And ask yourself would you in an upside down position with leaking fuel probably want to push the button of an explosive charge..??
and it just separates the hinges, doesn't get the entire load of the car off the door.. So better work out so that you can push the door out with the weight of the car on it..

#11 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Aaaah here you go:

View Postrahul_rn, on 06 June 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

And ask yourself would you in an upside down position with leaking fuel probably want to push the button of an explosive charge..??

By explosion, I didn't mean a nuclear explosion to make the car go boom ;) Also does this mean that most of the cars which catch fire after a crash are ignited by some explosion? Weight of the car?? The video explains how easy it is.

In a car crash- there are many "what ifs". Have you seen crashes of cars where the doors couldn't be opened and had to be cut open by gas cutters?

#12 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

I am guessing you posted a video, i am unfortunately in college and cannot see it here.. :(
But safety apart i still maintain that those doors are a show off, 99.99% of the people will not know the SL300 and hence think the same way..

#13 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

Show off? Then I would say the whole car itself is a show off and a lot others.

#14 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

I wouldn't say that for the car, its a genuinely proper V8 that makes sound that only God would hear..
Its the car that wont go fast around a corner but will make you happy while going around it and that's all matters and not how many milliseconds you've saved in the process..
Almost all cars there days are too much technical about how to save a second in a corner, how to best accelerate..
Very rarely you see a car like this which allows you to have fun while going round the corner..

#15 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Doc has been in that car at over 200 kays an hour. He can comment how good the car is...we are the ones who watch videos, read blogs and pass on comments.

Talking about show off stuff- there is a long list of things that I feel are a show off- a conventional solution would have saved lot of time, manpower and money too. Do I start with the frameless Panigale?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users