#1 ab79

ab79

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

hi to all members.
  I need advise form you regarding my upgrade of car.
As of now i'm driving an a-star 09 zxi model which has covered 32k till date.now a days I am feeling the pinch of raising petrol prices.so  booked a swift vdi five months back as the booking amount is only 10k. Now the dealer informed me that car is due for arrival in a week.
   swift on road costs well  almost 7 lk .the quote I'm getting for my car 2.8 lk.mechanically car is good shape.What should i do now ?keep the existing car or go for swift?please advise me.

#2 razorBlades

razorBlades

Duking!

• Administrators
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

its up to you. For more than 4 lacs in difference between the cars, how much are you going to save on using diesel?
The only time you'll see me down on one knee, is on my bike!

Posted Image Posted Image

#3 ab79

ab79

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

View PostrazorBlades, on 16 February 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

its up to you. For more than 4 lacs in difference between the cars, how much are you going to save on using diesiel?
thank you 4 the advice.for now i will keep it until say 1 lk kms.spend the money for the fuel bills instead.

#4 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Well the thing people usually do no understand is that the price paid for diesel while buying is much higher, so is the maintenance.. If your running is above 15k-20k kms a year then you can go for diesel... else petrol is good for casual usage..
P.S heard that petrol prices going up by 3 bucks..
To travel is better then to arrive - Anonymous

#5 veersingh

veersingh

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hi,

Maruti Swift diesel hottest selling car in India offers great mileage and performance in its class.Maruti Swift vdi is having Power Windows, Front fog lamps and Optional ABS and the wonderful pick-up and features.

#6 Guest_vikaskumar11233_*

Guest_vikaskumar11233_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

View Postab79, on 16 February 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

hi to all members.
  I need advise form you regarding my upgrade of car.
As of now i'm driving an a-star 09 zxi model which has covered 32k till date.now a days I am feeling the pinch of raising petrol prices.so  booked a swift vdi five months back as the booking amount is only 10k. Now the dealer informed me that car is due for arrival in a week.
   swift on road costs well  almost 7 lk .the quote I'm getting for my car 2.8 lk.mechanically car is good shape.What should i do now ?keep the existing car or go for swift?please advise me.
Hi ab79
Frankly speaking you shoud directly go for new swift it will be perfect car to buy see old is always old wheather you make decor it as a new car or changes its all parts. Swift will be efficient car and also need less service and maintaince cost.

#7 Guest_jennysmith_*

Guest_jennysmith_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

The Maruti Swift is a legend in its own right for it is the single most sold car in India. The new Maruti Swift takes forward everything you expected from the earlier model.

#8 QDJ

QDJ

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

What are your preferences ? See, it's a whole different scenario if you are paying EMI for existing car. All it boils down to your choice between the call of brain or heart. Please be more informative to enable the forum members to assist you in taking decision. 1. what is your monthly usage. 2. how much is your EMI (if paying). 3. how much is left to pay. 4. type of usage - highway / city. 5. how do you want to buy the swift - cash / EMI, if EMI the payment distribution. and whatever you feel like sharing.

#9 Yatharth

Yatharth

True Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

I have always liked the A Star. It is every bit a mini Swift. Regarding the diesel Swift here, one requires a monthly usage of atleast 1500-1800kms to recover the high initial investment on diesel model over the petrol sibling. I wonder how you will recover as much as INR 4 lakhs. Maybe it will take you a decade. I feel that you should stick to the AStar unless u really desperately want to upgrade.

Regards.
Student (Automobile Designing) at DYP-DC Centre for Automotive Research and Studies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users