#16 arn

arn

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

View Postspinz, on 04 January 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

The weather in Punjab and ur ride details are killing me. I wanna ride too...come-on Spring start sooon

A very small price to pay for being 6 hrs ride away from the Himalayas and a couple of days from Leh..... :)

#17 spinz

spinz

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

View Postarn, on 04 January 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

A very small price to pay for being 6 hrs ride away from the Himalayas and a couple of days from Leh..... :)

True that but I'm actually just an hr ride away from the Great Himalayas.

#18 Ricci

Ricci

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

View Postrahul_rn, on 02 January 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

^^^
come on ricci atleast a new colour for your new bike..

Naah, I don't like brighter colours (red) much, black is fine, but as I said, silver/gray are much better for most motorcycles and cars. I like sober (or even sombre) shades ;) . The only times I would choose other colours was the CBZ (tahitian blue was ooh la la ) , 2004 ZX-10R in flaming bright orange ( though I liked the 2004 blue and the metallic black as much , and silver came in 2005 ). The other bike I'd have picked in black over silver was the Shogun ( remember that ? )

View Postarn, on 03 January 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

Silver looks cool, also shows up dirt the least :P

The headlamp on this bike has a serious design fault. The high beam filament should be at the focal spot such that  the reflector can throw it most efficiently for a distance, and give optimum spread. The low beam filament, OTOH should be slightly ahead such that the pattern is broad. The resultant  dipped beam is very sharp - at the expense of the high beam which has little focus and lights up the ground 5 feet from the bike as well as the guy sitting on his first floor balcony.
Hmm, I have not seen one at night closely to examine the beam pattern, need to remember this.

I ground off the flange on the bulb and repositioned it (the flange) about 5 mm posteriorly (closer to the wiring harness) so that the body of the bulb moved in front, and stuck it with epoxy adhesive (araldite). Now that the high beam filament is about where it should be, the beam is acceptable for running at reasonable speed at night. This is not a very easy fix, you need tools. Had the filament been wrongly positioned in the opposite direction, it would have been a very simple fix - a spacer, but it is not.
Do you have pictures of before and after ( sorry if this sounds like a weight loss ad :D ) ?

Just putting in a better bulb without doing this will result in the same shitty beam, just a bit more irritating to oncoming traffic. Please check your beam pattern if you are planning to put in a different bulb - if you cannot change the position of the flange, you will NOT get a decent beam, regardless of what you put in, HID or halogen.
Thanks I will remember that. I don't ever intend to go with stock headlamps, until they come well kitted from the factory. Osrams/Philips or HIDs is a sure to-do.

The last bar, I think, begins to flash while there is at least 3.5 litres in the tank

That said, the bike gives fabulous economy. 37kpl (at any rate  better than 35), at best possibly 40 while blowing all other traffic into the weeds is miserly to the point of being frightening
Fantastic, that's better than my 220 ! I wish the tank was bigger anyway, a no fuel stop for 500km or more run is what I consider ideal.

#19 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

showgun i remember in black, cant picture it in silver.. well you can still go for black and blue na.. You don't always have to stick to the same colour everytime..
To travel is better then to arrive - Anonymous

#20 arn

arn

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

I think the headlight issue is important enough to warrant a separate thread, with pics. Will do that soon.

The mileage on this bike amazes. At 90kph  (the fastest the CBZ could go without giving the rider an all body vibro massage), the CBZ would return below 30kpl, the Karizma about 33 -34 or so, which would drop while cruising at 100 -105 to around 30. The best the ZMA has given is 38 but on that trip I was riding with an "ek taang kabar mein" Caliber which mysteriously gulped huge quantities of oil, had the headlight as the sole functional electrical item, could not cross 70 on the flats and 55 on the inclines, I don't think I crossed 5K rpm anywhere. The CBR gives at least 20% better mileage at any given riding condition as compared to the Karizma, and a lot better as speeds build up.

#21 spinz

spinz

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

Mine is returning around 35-38 no matter how i ride and I ride in the upper realms of the Tacho. The zma gave me around 28-30 when i went above 90. The Pulsar 200 around 35-38 too but i couldn't push it beyond 90 for fear of engine blowing up (again). The Fz16 gave me 32-35 in the hills which is where i would like to ride it. The R-15 gave me 45 when not pushed but when pushed beyond 100 it dropped to 35.

#22 parimal1981

parimal1981

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hi Doc

I think food wise you missed the chicken :P  so scores equal I guess. There is one more "Superbike" owner joining soon with his comments abt the bike as well. He owned one just today :D

Regards
Parimal

#23 AMG

AMG

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

You bought a SBK?

:eek:

#24 Silver Phantom

Silver Phantom

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostAMG, on 06 January 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

You bought a SBK?

:eek:

Parimal is Talking about Pulsurge (Deepak Dongre) ;)
Chaitanya Vedak / Silver Phantom
~A Motorcycle cant sing in the streets of a City~
My Personal Snaps and Videos Web Album
My Private Site for my Rides, Drives and Craziness
My Youtube Channel
Blood Group- B-ve:D Attitude- B+ve:D:D

Also tagged with CBR250R, ride, konkan, NH17, chiplun, fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users