A small bunch of my biking memories

#32 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

I came here that doesn't mean i won't be morphing them.. :D ps reached in 5 and half hours.. Thanks for all your valuable info people.. :)
Doc you tip of going 15 kmph lesser in every corner helped a lot.. :) i forgot that a couple of times but luckily nothing happened..
the plan of sticking to 90 went in air and as a side effect gave me a lot of worries.. Had filled her up for 600 bucks and it got over 65kms from my target i.e. at nippani.. i.e. red light started flashing.. and there wasn't a petrol pump for next 20kms.. I rode on slowly hoping to get one but couldn't get one till hattargi i.e. 20kms ahead.. filled her up for 100 bucks again and just as i entered city again started flashing red.. that means i got a great 35kmpl... :(
all in all enjoyed the trip.. 351 kms exact.. without wishing to hit my top but did my personal best of 120kmph unknowingly..
To travel is better then to arrive - Anonymous

#33 arn

arn

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:56 PM

Good to see you had an enjoyable first trip.

#34 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

Great great...nice to see you reach in one piece :D Wish you all the same posts repeated on your return as well.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR TRAFFIC

#35 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

well for return i am thinking to put the bike in train.. I won't be having that much enthusiasm while coming back.. :P

#36 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

Want enthusiasm? Do this. From Belgaum, take to Goa. Take NH17 ride till Chiplun...take Kumbharli ghat to Umbraj to NH4 and ride to Pune :D

#37 arn

arn

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

View Postrahul_rn, on 20 October 2011 - 06:28 PM, said:

well for return i am thinking to put the bike in train.. I won't be having that much enthusiasm while coming back.. :P

Packing the bike, haggling with coolies, completing the formalities, supervising the loading on the train, releasing the bike at the end = total 4 hrs at the very least (could be a couple of hrs more) spread out over 2 instalments, + 30% chance of cosmetic damage.

Riding down = maximum 4 hrs

Your call.

#38 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

View Postarn, on 20 October 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

Packing the bike, haggling with coolies, completing the formalities, supervising the loading on the train, releasing the bike at the end = total 4 hrs at the very least (could be a couple of hrs more) spread out over 2 instalments, + 30% chance of cosmetic damage.

Your call.

You forgot the proving that there is no fuel despite there not being fuel and then buy fuel in black during unloading bits!

Congrats on the maiden solo trip!

Life is tough, only to make you tougher!
Ride right, Ride safe, and Ride hard!

#39 arn

arn

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

The first bit is easy - just detach the fuel pipe, and leave the cock in the reserve position, preferably as soon as you get the fuel out of the tank. Then you can give the person asking you the "how stupid are you?" look, while politely enquiring if he is blind.

The second bit...if you arrive at Nizamuddin stn, for instance, the nearest pump is about a km away... you figure! Best soln is to have a friend come over to help you and bum some fuel off him. But you'll have to do the same when he comes with his bike in the train, like you.....

#40 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:49 PM

^^^LOL hilarious :D

#41 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:43 PM

View Postpulsurge, on 20 October 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

Want enthusiasm? Do this. From Belgaum, take to Goa. Take NH17 ride till Chiplun...take Kumbharli ghat to Umbraj to NH4 and ride to Pune :D

nice idea .. but i have my sem exams... :frusty:

Your call.

well riding will be 6 for sure.. i was riding too fast while coming here.. and dad's friend works in railway so he can handle everything.. but the chance of damage still remains..

View Postsatyenpoojary, on 20 October 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

Congrats on the maiden solo trip!

Thanks satyen bhai.. :)

View Postarn, on 20 October 2011 - 09:25 PM, said:

The first bit is easy - just detach the fuel pipe, and leave the cock in the reserve position, preferably as soon as you get the fuel out of the tank. Then you can give the person asking you the "how stupid are you?" look, while politely enquiring if he is blind.

The second bit...if you arrive at Nizamuddin stn, for instance, the nearest pump is about a km away... you figure! Best soln is to have a friend come over to help you and bum some fuel off him. But you'll have to do the same when he comes with his bike in the train, like you.....
no comments.. :D

#42 Silver Phantom

Silver Phantom

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

Ride Down man... That is the Way of the Rider.. Trains are for Those people who are afraid to Ride.. And what are 6 Hrs, in terms of a ride. just do it... tell you what, if you have exams, record the lessons onto your phone / i.pod thru voice recording. and play it back while riding the bike. the only thing is, that i have found studies to be sleep inducing. so your call.
ANd +1 to Arn, Pulsurge, and Satyen
Chaitanya Vedak / Silver Phantom
~A Motorcycle cant sing in the streets of a City~
My Personal Snaps and Videos Web Album
My Private Site for my Rides, Drives and Craziness
My Youtube Channel
Blood Group- B-ve:D Attitude- B+ve:D:D

#43 nav75

nav75

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

Your call.
There is another way, put the bike in a cargo van (available in Duronto), Rs 2000 flat fee, you need to be at the station just an hr in advanced and in less than an hrs time you are out of station too.
I took my ZMA few months back to Delhi, with zero packing and the bike came out without any scratch. Will I try it again, No. :)

View PostSilver Phantom, on 28 October 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

Ride Down man... That is the Way of the Rider.. Trains are for Those people who are afraid to Ride..
I must be really afraid to ride that I have always shipped the bike to and back from Delhi for all my past 5 Ladakh rides. :)

#44 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

well i am coming back on sunday.. :( and fixed its a ride back.. :)

#45 Silver Phantom

Silver Phantom

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

View Postnav75, on 28 October 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

I must be really afraid to ride that I have always shipped the bike to and back from Delhi for all my past 5 Ladakh rides. :)
No offense Dude. I was just trying to Pump up a Newbies Adrenalin.. And Ladakh Trips are a different League altogether. They take Months of planning and Family Jewels of Titanium. That is Something i Admire (the Courage, and not the Jewels).. Also time and physical strength is of utmost importance in that matter. A 6Hr journey is peanuts as compared to a ladakh Ride.
Chaitanya Vedak / Silver Phantom
~A Motorcycle cant sing in the streets of a City~
My Personal Snaps and Videos Web Album
My Private Site for my Rides, Drives and Craziness
My Youtube Channel
Blood Group- B-ve:D Attitude- B+ve:D:D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users