8 replies to this topic

#1 AMG

AMG

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

We never thought it was possible but a scale-model of a Lamborghini Aventador crafted by a former Mercedes-Benz  engineer is reportedly more expensive than the costly model it's actually based on.

According to German online news portal Chiemgau-Online.de, model car builder Robert Gülpen created the 1:8 scale Aventador out of carbon fiber, just like the actual car. Incorporated into the scale model car, however, are several precious metals and stones. The diamonds on the seats, steering wheel and headlights, and the gold used on the wheels supposedly have a combined value of €2 million (nearly P120 million) already.

"This is a high-tech work of art," Gülpen said in reports. "I wanted to do something unique, something that has not existed until now."

The scale model Aventador is currently on display at the Frankfurt Motor Show behind a bulletproof glass case that's monitored by sophisticated electronic safeguards.

In December, the scale model could become 2011's most expensive Christmas gift as Sotheby's is planning to auction it off in either Dubai or New York with a starting price of €3.5 million or over P208 million. Gülpen, though, is willing to sell it to anyone who can't wait for the auction at a kingly sum of €4.5 million (roughly P269 million).

With over 500 hours spent crafting the model, Gülpen calls his latest work a product of "pure craftsmanship."

How much would you want to shell out for this set of wheels?

Source

Posted Image

#2 AMG

AMG

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

Thank you for approving the thread, Sir.

#3 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

give me something to hit my head on.. €4.5 million for that..?? i am sure there will be buyers as well..
To travel is better then to arrive - Anonymous

#4 j4zb4

j4zb4

True Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:46 PM

<---- Preparing to jump off the 23rd floor...

#5 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

Does it have a real engine too

Life is tough, only to make you tougher!
Ride right, Ride safe, and Ride hard!

#6 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:38 AM

View Postsatyenpoojary, on 19 September 2011 - 10:40 AM, said:

Does it have a real engine too
i doubt that also.. might have a electric motor.. but cant say it may have one also..

#7 Silver Phantom

Silver Phantom

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

View Postrahul_rn, on 17 September 2011 - 06:31 PM, said:

give me something to hit my head on.. €4.5 million for that..?? i am sure there will be buyers as well..
Take a Printout of the Above Displayed Scale Model, Paste it on a Concrete Wall, and Indulge yourself on it ;)
As for me, i am gonna take a scale model Lambi, go to a craft shop, and buy some cheap craft paper that looks like Carbon Fiber, and then to a Plastic shop where i can get fake diamonds, and craft a similar car, plonk in a RC motor + electronics, and then Fantasize Erotically over it.

I might also add in details in gold, using the foil wrapping from Cadbury's Chocolates.. to give it an Oil-Soaked-Sheikh-Filthy-Rich-Like-As-Pig-In-Mud Type look.
Chaitanya Vedak / Silver Phantom
~A Motorcycle cant sing in the streets of a City~
My Personal Snaps and Videos Web Album
My Private Site for my Rides, Drives and Craziness
My Youtube Channel
Blood Group- B-ve:D Attitude- B+ve:D:D

#8 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

I really find these expensive stuff funny. I mean be it a pen, watch or mobile or whatever....it should be on the value of workmanship and not by simply adding diamonds. Adding diamonds to a dust bin will also make it expensive.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR TRAFFIC

A small bunch of my biking memories

#9 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

View PostSilver Phantom, on 19 September 2011 - 11:51 AM, said:

Take a Printout of the Above Displayed Scale Model, Paste it on a Concrete Wall, and Indulge yourself on it ;)
nice idea.. :)
seriously i don't get how could people pay so much for something like this..
veyron watch at 300000$.. man poeple cant eat food in some places and some buy a watch just becauce it has a name veyron name on it that too at a price of house..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users