#1 raju

raju

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

Hi.
   I have been using yamaha gladiator RS for past three years.No maintenance so far (apart from brake,shoes,tyres,chain).But  i am unable to extract amileage of 50  km/litre even while riding under 50kmph.I also noted that the speedmeter show +10kmphr more speed(so when the sppedo shows 60 the real speed is only 50).I would like to hear from any of the motoroids using gladiator.

Rajesh K

#2 RenuKumar

RenuKumar

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

Fuel efficiency depends on the quality of fuel and riding practice. I used to ride at speeds over 70 kmph and I used to get more than 55 kmpl regularly.

And, the speedo error you have mentioned is far from reality as the error is only 3% - according to most of the automobile magazines in India.

Renu Kumar

#3 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

well buddy there could be some minor problems such as clogged up air filter, do take it to the service center and check it out.. and every bike has speedo error don't bother about it..
To travel is better then to arrive - Anonymous

#4 raju

raju

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

Hi Renu,
    Good to hear from you.I have used pulsar for 5 years which gave me mileage above 50kmpl. I occasinally  use my freinds bikes Unicorn(mileage-45-49),Apache(45-  48).As far as fuel quality i rely on SHELL  or Petrol Stations operated directly by Company(HP,IOL). At signals i used to ask fellow gladi's what mileage they  are getting most of them reported me only 40.I wish u r lucky.

View PostRenuKumar, on 05 September 2011 - 12:07 PM, said:

Fuel efficiency depends on the quality of fuel and riding practice. I used to ride at speeds over 70 kmph and I used to get more than 55 kmpl regularly.

And, the speedo error you have mentioned is far from reality as the error is only 3% - according to most of the automobile magazines in India.

Renu Kumar

Hi Rahul,
               First Thanks.Every bike has speedo error.U r rite.I told this speedo error after comparing to Yamaha Fz-s and apache.If Fz goes at 60 kmphr  to go parallel with that bike gladi  speedo shows 70(U might now by now that both bikes have speedo errors and gladi has more error).

View Postrahul_rn, on 05 September 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

well buddy there could be some minor problems such as clogged up air filter, do take it to the service center and check it out.. and every bike has speedo error don't bother about it..

View Postraju, on 05 September 2011 - 08:38 PM, said:

Hi Renu,
    Good to hear from you.I have used pulsar for 5 years which gave me mileage above 50kmpl. I occasinally  use my freinds bikes Unicorn(mileage-45-49),Apache(45-  48).As far as fuel quality i rely on SHELL  or Petrol Stations operated directly by Company(HP,IOL). At signals i used to ask fellow gladi's what mileage they  are getting most of them reported me only 40.I wish u r lucky.

Hi Rahul,
           First Thanks.Every bike has speedo error.U r rite.I told this speedo error after comparing to Yamaha Fz-s and apache.If Fz goes at 60 kmphr  to go parallel with that bike gladi  speedo shows 70(U might now by now that both bikes have speedo errors and gladi has more error).

Rahul,
     the spark plug,cluthc plates, airfilter and chain sprockets have been changed recently .And also i maintain correct tyre pressure.  

View Postrahul_rn, on 05 September 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

#5 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

i am no expert on this but there must be a problem with the inlet or the intake of air and fuel..
bike must be running rich as well i.e. more amount of fuel is dumped into the engine unnecessarily, so i said better go to the service center..
and fz itself has a lot of speedo error, it shows a top around 130(134 is a number i saw in the back of a magazine) but it does a 109 max.. if you want to check your accurate speed then you need gps or speed guns, they are quite accurate..
in bikes then zmr has the most accurate speedo.. ride your bike beside one and then you'll get to know your actual speed..
To travel is better then to arrive - Anonymous

#6 Guest_kidsonroll_*

Guest_kidsonroll_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

Taking full advantage of the greater chassis design freedom afforded by an in-wheel motor, this is Yamaha's proposal of a completely new type of two-wheel-drive (2WD) electric vehicle with "Stretch & Shrink" functions in the vertical and horizontal directions that brings a very Yamaha joy of riding.
:clap2:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users