#1 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:31 PM

Yes you heard it right!

While this is more related to skiers, but yet a very interesting concept!

To think about it: its probably a part of the gear that a rider\skier would have it on him that can still track them when in distress! Something like the old homing beacon can the old 90?s movie dreamt about to track down a hero or a villain!

What?s next?

Read the article here

#2 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:01 PM

Interesting. But it's just that they have inserted a compact size unit into a glove. The use, as I see it is, one wont have to carry anything extra to keep tracked. I think a better / safer place to mount such stuff could be the suit collarc / belt , where the abrasion is in minimal unlike gloves which suffer with heavy wear.

#3 razorBlades

razorBlades

Duking!

• Administrators
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:41 PM

cool stuff satyen :) we can also track the guy who stole them :D

i remembered this one which i stumbled long back.. the helmet calls 911 if one crashes :D cool eh?
http://gizmodo.com/3...lls-911-for-you

and our desi version of it :)
http://www.iwebble.c...ectronic-brain/

I am pretty sure that you have read about them earlier :D

Edited by razorBlades, 19 February 2010 - 02:44 PM.

The only time you'll see me down on one knee, is on my bike!

Posted Image Posted Image

#4 avinrichards

avinrichards

• Moderators
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:57 PM

nice :)
helmet calls 911 ? whoa!

#5 arn

arn

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

You could home in onto cell signals as well. Infrastructure already in place, too :)

#6 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:09 PM

admin said:

Interesting. But it's just that they have inserted a compact size unit into a glove. The use, as I see it is, one wont have to carry anything extra to keep tracked. I think a better / safer place to mount such stuff could be the suit collarc / belt , where the abrasion is in minimal unlike gloves which suffer with heavy wear.

Since this is something made for Hiking, I think this was chosen to be on the gloves... for a biker it makes more sense on something like your keychain or something which will stay on him like maybe a dog tag!

razorBlades said:

cool stuff satyen :) we can also track the guy who stole them :)

i remembered this one which i stumbled long back.. the helmet calls 911 if one crashes :D cool eh?
http://gizmodo.com/3...lls-911-for-you

and our desi version of it :)
http://www.iwebble.c...ectronic-brain/

I am pretty sure that you have read about them earlier :D

Engadged and Gizmodo are set on my iGoogle page, so I get to read them :D infact one of my college friends did an assignment on his concept of a BT enabled helmet which will home SOS alerts... and I ended up blowing up the concept as it already exists in some other form!

avinrichards said:

nice :D
helmet calls 911 ? whoa!

arn said:

You could home in onto cell signals as well. Infrastructure already in place, too :D
Check this... its a small mobile app that can send out a tweet or a FB alert displaying your location every x minutes. There is also a SOS alert mechanism (not sure how it works as its available only in the pro version)

#7 thilak

thilak

Senior Motoroid

• Administrators
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

razorBlades said:

cool stuff satyen :) we can also track the guy who stole them ;)

OT: Reminds me of my Casio Sports Tracker GPS enabled Wrist watch, which got stolen in Manipal. GPS didn't help me track who stole it ;)
Thilak Rao
Motorep - Mangalore
Email :motoroids@thilak.in
(M): +91 8880 22 7022

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google