NikhilB

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

The very well compiled article from Motoroids

Excerpt:

The Peugeot 508 and 207 were caught testing on the Mumbai Pune expressway only a few weeks back. Now Kiran Bhandari, and eagle eyed reader of Motoroids has managed to take some spy pictures of the big sedan and hatchback from the French carmaker yet again.

When introduced, the 207 would compete with the likes of the Nissan Micra, new Suzuki Swift, Hyundai i20 and the facelifted Honda Jazz.

The Peugeot 508 will slug it out with the Honda Accord, Skoda Superb and the VW Passat on release.

Pics:

Peugeot 508
Posted Image

Peugeot 508 (rear)
Posted Image

Peugeot 207 (rear)
Posted Image

Peugeot 207 (front) (Courtesy: Google Images)
Posted Image

Peugeots have always had very distinctive styling with their swept back headlights and flowing lines. And they have very good diesel engines in their stable.
Also, the fact that they are scouting for land to set-up a greenfield facility indicates that they are here for the long run.

Another interesting fact is that the 207 is also available as a sedan internationally. Would definetely expect it to be on its way here, especially considering our affinity for the three-box variants.

207 Sedan:
Posted Image

Ain't that sweet looking?
I like 'em Naked.

My thoughts

#2 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

Nice to know you are now scanning the news site too ;)
Rumour has it that the cars went to Lavasa for some event... More on it as when we get updates ;)

Life is tough, only to make you tougher!
Ride right, Ride safe, and Ride hard!

#3 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

Seems like Nikhil has raised the bar in terms of putting news stories on the forums. Great! Really appreciated. Need more members to contribute to the forums with news items and new threads.
Thanks Nikhil, keep up the good work.
Oh, and i love the 508. For me, this is THE car to look out for in the D-segment.

#4 NikhilB

NikhilB

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

@Satyen
Learning from past mistakes  :P
Customer clinic testing?

@Revmaster
Thanks... Your words are very kind, not sure I deserve it... Just going through a very low workload phase at office... Will be keeping track of International car news as we already have a huge army tracking the international bike news  :)
I like 'em Naked.

My thoughts

#5 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

You deserve every bit of it Nikhil. Satyen and Deepak of course keep an eye over the happenings in the bike world, and keep intimating us as and when they come across something interesting.
However, it would be of great help if all members could contribute with a thread or two whenever they stumple upon something of value.
We need more seamless navigation system from the main site to the forums. Work on that front is almost done. We should all very soon witness a much higher activity on out forums

#6 NikhilB

NikhilB

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

After an extensive hunt and a faux-pas by the TN govt, Peugeot finally closed in on Sanand, Gujarat for  their greenfield manufacturing plant in India. They will have (among others) Ford and Tata Motors as their neighbours.
A good win for the "Business-minded" state.

As reported on Motoroids.
I like 'em Naked.

My thoughts

#7 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

View PostRevmaster, on 24 August 2011 - 01:00 PM, said:

Seems like Nikhil has raised the bar in terms of putting news stories on the forums. Great! Really appreciated. Need more members to contribute to the forums with news items and new threads.
Thanks Nikhil, keep up the good work.
Oh, and i love the 508. For me, this is THE car to look out for in the D-segment.

Absolutely agree. The 508 looks awesome. Wish the hatch was a good looking at the back too. Nice cars both of them...hope they do well this time unlike the past.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR TRAFFIC

A small bunch of my biking memories

#8 NikhilB

NikhilB

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

Peugeot performed the ground-breaking ceremony at Sanand, Gujarat today. (Source)

Some interesting points from the article:
Peugeot will introduce its products in the 2012 Auto Expo (Jan).
Cars will roll-out from the Sanand plant by 2014.
Will focus on C and B+ segment in India.
Will introduce the 508, plus four other models here.

Peugeot recently unveiled the 208 to be launched in Europe next year. It will replace the 207 that motoroids caught testing near Pune.
Image Source: Auto News
Posted Image
I like 'em Naked.

My thoughts

#9 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

today spotted 207 on baner road..
To travel is better then to arrive - Anonymous

#10 NikhilB

NikhilB

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

View Postrahul_rn, on 03 November 2011 - 08:13 PM, said:

today spotted 207 on baner road..

Probably undergoing Indianization testing (suspension package, engine tuning for our fuel, etc.).
I like 'em Naked.

My thoughts

#11 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

View PostNikhilB, on 03 November 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

Probably undergoing Indianization testing (suspension package, engine tuning for our fuel, etc.).
yup

#12 Maxspain

Maxspain

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

I spotted the same 508 (that is shown in the pics- MH-46), on the University road and I followed it from Sancheti chowk to Yashada auditorium.
It felt great to hear the sound of the engine and to see how it glided on the concrete road!!! :D
Cheers....!!!

#13 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

View PostMaxspain, on 09 November 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

I spotted the same 508 (that is shown in the pics- MH-46), on the University road and I followed it from Sancheti chowk to Yashada auditorium.
It felt great to hear the sound of the engine and to see how it glided on the concrete road!!! :D
Cheers....!!!

I am seeing both almost daily on baner road..

#14 anandblitz

anandblitz

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

really the 508 looks awesome, but any news about the price range at which they're gonna launch it?

#15 NikhilB

NikhilB

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:19 PM

View Postandyblitz, on 23 November 2011 - 12:13 PM, said:

really the 508 looks awesome, but any news about the price range at which they're gonna launch it?

The launch is some time away (2013 mostly). Because, they have just started constructing their factory in Gujarat.
The cars being spotted are probably test mules or being used to ferry some company officials.
I like 'em Naked.

My thoughts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users