- - - - -

Hero Moto Corp - Impulse

35 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like Hero MotoCorp as HH's new name?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you like Hero MotoCorp as HH's new name?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

View PostRevmaster, on 06 June 2011 - 11:00 AM, said:

As for the name, Hero Moto would have sounded horrible. MotoCorp doesn't sound that bad though

well that moto word wen i heard for the 1st time i felt like is it a co which manufacturer's bikes of 50cc.. n i was like WTF its too cartoonish..
thank god that they got somethin better.. now hope they get some better products as well..
To travel is better then to arrive - Anonymous

#17 Guest_kidsonroll_*

Guest_kidsonroll_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

Hi,
I know Hero Honda is a v.good brand, a dirt bike from this brand is a good thing.
I'm really looking forward to see it.
Can anybody tell the best features of this 180cc bike.
B)

#18 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

View Postkidsonroll, on 08 June 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hi,
I know Hero Honda is a v.good brand, a dirt bike from this brand is a good thing.
B)

we would if we could.. :P i.e. none of the specs are known..
just one can say power close to 18 horses could be possible.. anything beyond that will start sky rocketing the price..

#19 Pavandamodar

Pavandamodar

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

I came to know about this news on torqueinduction

View Postkidsonroll, on 08 June 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hi,
B)
well, bike specs has not been revealed though, you can get more info on this link [url="http://www.google.com"[/url], which helped me to know about Hero 's new name... You can also refer Motoroids site to get more info..

#20 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

I like the warning function! Especially on those who attempt to steal traffic.

I dont mind genuine links, but if it seems like a attempt to divert traffic... be ready to be banned :)

PS: If you guys are so pepped about writing, why dont you volunteer writing for motoroids officially!

Life is tough, only to make you tougher!
Ride right, Ride safe, and Ride hard!

#21 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:08 PM

View Postsatyenpoojary, on 10 June 2011 - 11:44 AM, said:

I like the warning function! Especially on those who attempt to steal traffic.

I dont mind genuine links, but if it seems like a attempt to divert traffic... be ready to be banned :)

PS: If you guys are so pepped about writing, why dont you volunteer writing for motoroids officially!

crap i hadn't seen that hyperlink in there.. i thought its just a mistake while typing..
and if these people would have been seriously interested in writing they would have done so when only.

#22 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

Hero Moto Bike
Posted Image

Since its touted to be a CKD from Honda, it is most probably either a CRF230f or a CRF150.

CKD with a lot of Indianization IMO

Things Visible in the Pic
- Under Seat exhaust
- Pillion Foot pegs (Indianization)
- Digital Console (Indianization)
- Rear Drum brake

Similarities:
Check the gear box, the exhaust arrangement, the chassis pivot, the bulging cover
Posted Image
- Indianised foot pegs

Check the Swing arm, the very identical front disc - Shock absorbers, Similar gap near the monoshock, Similar bulging side scoops, similar bulging side panel
Posted Image
- Indianised Headlight, Turnlights
- Indianised RVMs
- Indianised larger tank
- Indianised smaller rear sprocket!
- Indianised Saree Guard
- Indianised tail mud guard borrowed from CBZ Extreme

#23 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

Just for similarity sake:

The spied HH Dirt Bike:

Posted Image

The Honda NXR Bros 150:

Posted Image

I think this is definitely the bike that's going to be launched. The size of the brake rotor, the swingarm, the rear drum brakes...or for that matter even look at the position of the front indicators.

This has to be it.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR TRAFFIC

A small bunch of my biking memories

#24 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

Yeah missed comparing this one! and this is much more likely than the crf brothers!
Use the same reference parts that I was using, and some of the so though 'indianised' ones also match with the bike namely the
Front fender, Headlight, pillion foot pegs, rubberized foot pegs,

Customisations seem like
the rear mudguard, the turn lights and the RVMs

#25 razorBlades

razorBlades

Duking!

• Administrators
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

nice comparo deepak, i think definitely the bros!

the bike looks well different.. would be a great buy if priced correctly!

found these videos

Strengthening Honda's environmental commitment and confirming the success of the model on the market in 2011 will be exclusively NXR150 Bros. flex. Presented to the Brazilian public in September 2009, NXR 150 Bros flex version won consumers around the country see this in the sales figures achieved: in just one year, more than 180,000 units sold of both versions, and this total, 73% of the flex model.

Given the excellent acceptance of Brazilian consumers and strengthening its commitment to the preservation of the environment, the model 2011 NXR 150 Bros arrives at dealerships in October this year exclusively on the flex version.

The motorcycle, the first on-off road in the world with biofuel technology, Honda's pioneering ratifies and monitors the company's global strategy for the preservation of the environment. This is because, when compared to gasoline, ethanol (alcohol) has the advantage of being a source of renewable energy and cleaner, and be aligned with the strategy of the Brazilian government's energy matrix.

Versatility to take on any adventure

Easy steering, comfort, design, adventurous, before the differentiation models street utilities, easy maintenance, resistance, safety, high resale value and versatility are some of the attributes that allowed NXR 150 Bros, along its trajectory, is rooted firmly in the lead Sales of off-road segment on the national market of two wheels. The model meets the expectations of users who want a motorcycle that face with ease asphalt, dirt and uneven surfaces. Practical choice of transport for the city and the countryside, offers driving pleasure in any situation, safely and comfortably.

The engine OHC (Over Head Camshaft), from 149.2 cm3, four-stroke, single cylinder, is powered by electronic injection system PGM-FI (Programmed Fuel Injection), which provides smooth operation, progressive and linear acceleration, immediate response and control throttle more smoothly and comfortably. The system shall have the exclusive Mix Fuel Injection technology, which allows the motorcycle to run on gasoline or ethanol (alcohol) in any proportion.

It has rocker arms and camshaft rollers, which ensure lower friction between internal components. To reduce vibrations, there is a balance at the bottom of the engine block, which generates movement opposed to the crankshaft. In addition, the oil jet piston inside reduces heat and wear.

The design, developed specifically for the Brazilian audience, conveys strength, endurance and modernity. In front, the lighthouse is built into the dashboard, which has creases referring to sports. The front optical assembly, with ample capacity for enlightenment, is composed of modern headlight, reflectors and multifocal lens polycarbonate. At the rear, the lantern provides better visibility and brings integrated into it, the support plate. The mirrors, oval-shaped, offer excellent field of vision and are at the same time, compact and safe. The tank has a capacity to store 12 liters of fuel (with 2.3 liters reserve).

To extend the comfort, the NXR 150 Bros has ergonomic seating on two levels, allowing better fit the legs close to the fuel tank. The seat height is 830 mm and width of the motorcycle is 810 mm, guaranteeing easy to support your feet on the ground. The handlebars also contributes a nice riding position and less tiring.

The large trunk, with wide straps, ensures comfort and security for the hip and favors the accommodation of cargo attachment points for having pre-set for the installation of bauleto (commercially available). Made of aluminum and high strength nylon, the set trunk / tail loop and replaces the rear fender of the motorcycle.

The instrument panel features fuel gauge, warning light electronic fuel injection, and total odometer, lights, high beam and turn signals and neutral.

The chassis cradle semiduplo provides all the necessary rigidity to torsion. With rear suspension monoamortecida 150 mm stroke, NXR 150 Bros is comfortable and effective in overcoming obstacles, even with croup. Already a telescopic front suspension travel of 180 mm ensures greater capacity to absorb the irregularities of the soil and comfort even on dirt roads and rough terrain. The tires have mixed-use high profile and broad, with a larger contact area with the ground.

Precise and progressive braking are secured by 130 mm drum diameter (KS and ES versions) or disc 240 mm in diameter (ESD version) in front and drum rear 110 mm. The model has the Honda Protection System, composed of shutter-key (with key lock enabled additional magnetic encoding, and hex) and comb-lock (locks handlebars associated with the ignition key).

Available in black, red and orange, the model is marketed to the public suggested price of R $ 7,890.00 for the KS version (starting with the pedal), R $ 8,290.00 for the ES version (with electric start) and R $ 8,690.00 for the ESD version (electric start and front disc brake). The values ​​are based on the state of São Paulo and do not include freight and insurance costs. The model has a one year warranty with unlimited mileage.

Responsible Journalist: Ricardo Ghigonetto (Mtb. 14150)

NXR 150 Bros Mix
Technical Specifications
Posted Image

Category

On-off road entry

Engine

OHC, single cylinder, 4 stroke, air cooled

Displacement

149.2 cc

Maximum Power

10.2 kW (13.8 hp) at 8,000 rpm (petrol)

10.3 kW (14.0 hp) at 8,000 rpm (ethanol)

Maximum Torque

13.6 Nm (1.39 kgf.m) at 6,000 rpm (petrol)

15.0 Nm (1.53 kgf.m) at 6,000 rpm (ethanol)

Bore x Stroke

57.3 X 57.84 mm

Power System

Electronic Injection PGM-FI (Programmed Fuel Injection)

Compression Ratio

9.5: 1

Ignition

Electronics

Battery

12V - 4Ah version (KS)

12V - 5Ah (ES and ESD versions)

Lighthouse

32/32W

Starting System

Pedal version (KS)

Electricity (ESD and ES versions)

Fuel Tank

12 liters (2.3 liters reserve)

Engine Oil

1.2 liters

Transmission

5-speed

Clutch

Multi oil bath

Lubrication System

Forced by pump trochoidal

Front Suspension

Telescopic fork with 180 mm stroke

Rear Suspension

Mono-shock with 150 mm stroke

Brake Front / Diameter

The drum 130 mm in diameter (KS and ES versions)

The disc 240 mm in diameter (ESD version)

Rear brake / diameter

The drum with 110 mm diameter

Front Tire

90/90-19M/C 52P

Rear Tire

110/90-17M/C 60P

Frame

Cradle semiduplo

Seat Height

830 mm

Minimum ground clearance

244 mm

Dimensions (L x W x H)

2036 X 1138 X 810 mm

Wheelbase

1353 mm

Dry Weight

117.5 kg (KS version)

118.6 kg (ES version)

119.1 kg (ESD version)

Colors

Black, red and orange

http://translate.goo...7%26prmd%3Divns

http://www2.honda.com.br/hondabros150/

A very welcome addtion IMHO..
The only time you'll see me down on one knee, is on my bike!

Posted Image Posted Image

#26 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:57 PM

View Postsatyenpoojary, on 02 August 2011 - 11:48 AM, said:

Yeah missed comparing this one! and this is much more likely than the crf brothers!
Use the same reference parts that I was using, and some of the so though 'indianised' ones also match with the bike namely the
Front fender, Headlight, pillion foot pegs, rubberized foot pegs,

Customisations seem like
the rear mudguard, the turn lights and the RVMs

Woops! you forgot the saree guard

#27 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

Case closed. IT HAS to be that bike!  :lol:

At a good price it would be fun toy to play with!

#28 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

Thanks Amitbhai for putting it up :) Am glad this came up first on Motoroids!

Going off-topic, but since it is already old news now i.e. the new Innova. Today saw one in the underground parking of a Toyota dealership in Andheri. Didn't click as the news wouldn't have been of much interest.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR TRAFFIC

A small bunch of my biking memories

#29 j4zb4

j4zb4

True Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:19 AM

Sorry OT...

Hero Honda Split up Joke (Hindi) - YouTube!

Worth a hearing... he he

#30 rahul_rn

rahul_rn

Rahul Nargundkar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:19 PM

lolz good one..

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users