• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

Overdrive, one of the leading car and bikes magazines in the country, has managed to take some of the clearest pictures yet of the upcoming Skoda Fabia sedan of the Rapid. The new car, draped with heavy camouflage painted in black twirls over white background seems peculiarly similar to the Vento in terms of proportions. The resemblance becomes even more evident when you look at the car in profile. A prominent shoulder line, and a pronounced crease slightly above the door sills running across the doors – gives away Rapid’s relation with the Vento. The wheel arches too have a chiseled, muscular look to them, surrounding handsome looking five-spoke alloy wheels

The grille of the car, as revealed by these spy images, is similar to that of the Fabia, and so is the central air-dam on the bumper. This hints at no major departure from the current design philosophy for the new model. It’s notable that the Rapid was expected to draw heavily from the Vision D concept shown in the Geneva 2011 Show, but Skoda seem to have chosen the safer route of sharing the design with the Fabia, and its parts bin with the Vento.

The exterior proportions also hint at a capacious boot, which is always a great thing to have in the Indian market. The length of the car suggests reasonable space for the backbenchers, which should be par with the segment.

Under the hoot, the 1.6-liter petrol and diesel engines found on the Vento will do the propelling duty. Both the engines produce 105PS of peak power, but the diesel produces around 100 units more of torque at 250Nm.
We can expect a DSG AT variant for the Rapid too, just like the Vento. The Vento is not available with the auto transmission for the diesel variant. Hopefully the Rapid will have the option.

Prices, as you would reckon, are still guesswork, but following the trend across all VW and Skoda models in various segments, the Rapid, in all probability will be priced lower than its German cousin. The margin, won’t be too much, but there would certainly be a difference. No clarity on launch dates either, but the 2012 Delhi Expo should be a terrific platform for the car to make a debut. here are some pics, head over to Overdrive.infor more images of the car

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 NikhilB

NikhilB

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

Going by VW Corporate's strategy of pricing the czechs half a segment below the VWs, we can expect this to be very competitively priced. Especially since the current Fabia is heavily localized.
I like 'em Naked.

My thoughts

#3 BLR Nandu

BLR Nandu

Motoroid-to-be

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

Though the body lines are similar as Vento, I would expect the changes in the front and rear, which would be in line with Skoda DNA. Then I would expect more rear space as Fabia. It would be priced lil bit lower than Vento as the difference between Polo and Fabia.

#4 sheelpriye

sheelpriye

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

Most Vento P buyers might ditch Vento P in favor of this Car's diesel.
Ben Spies

The bike does not define you, but the actions you perform while on the bike do.

#5 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:15 PM

Just in. Skoda, Fabia sedan will not be called the Rapid. It will be called the Lauretta.
Here's more info. http://motoroids.com...-not-rapid.html

#6 Yatharth

Yatharth

True Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

From what I feel, the car will be positioned at a price very similar and just a couple of grands below VW Vento of similar specced models. (Keeping in mind Fabia-Polo pricing). What I am more interested in knowing and eager to see is the after sales package pricing of this car. It will be interesting to see what kind of a job Skoda does with that. We already have horror stories of Skoda's After Sales doing rounds all over the web and this friend of mine says maintaining his Laura diesel is turning out to be almost as expensive as his mom's Bimmer 3 series. And the segment where this new Skoda is aiming at is quite a bit price conscious. What with Ford, Honda, Hyundai working on and improving their After Sales Services like anything,

Regards.
Student (Automobile Designing) at DYP-DC Centre for Automotive Research and Studies

#7 NikhilB

NikhilB

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

The sedan has begun production at the Aurangabad factory.
The Skoda Global CEO was in the country to flag it off, last week.

Looks like we could get a launch during the festive season.
I like 'em Naked.

My thoughts

#8 Yatharth

Yatharth

True Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

From whatever I know, the launch is slated to be done sometime by mid-november.
Student (Automobile Designing) at DYP-DC Centre for Automotive Research and Studies

#9 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Guest_vikaskumar11233_*

Guest_vikaskumar11233_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

Hi all
Here are some interesting things about the new sedan.

Skoda Rapid, the new stunning and amazing car launched by the Skoda in the C-Segment. This car was much awaited because of its shocking price range and looks.

Price of Skoda Rapid is tagged Rs 6.75 lakh for the base variant-Skoda Rapid Active. However, Skoda Rapid with other two trims Skoda Rapid Ambition whose price is tagged as Rs 7.09 lakh and the top-end Skoda Rapid Elegance price tagged as Rs 7.99 lakh.Rapid diesel versions are tad more costly and start from Rs 7.95 lakh to Rs 9.19 lakh. All the three variant are available in both petrol and diesel variants.
Posted Image
Mileage and Acceleration of Skoda Rapid

Rapid give the impressive mileage of around 12kmpl in the city and 16kmpl on highway. The powerful engine of Rapid give the power of getting 0 – 100 kmph in 12.4 seconds. Both the variants petrol and diesel can attain the top speed of 170 to 185kmph.

Interior of Skoda Rapid

Skoda Rapid interiors are highly impressive, its interior are comfortable and satisfying. The dashboard, switch gear, aircon vents, climate control unit, power windows switches and pretty much everything else is a straight lift out of the VW’s Vento.

The Rapid acquires a nice dark and light beige colored dash board rendering an airy feel to the passengers. The leather wrapped steering wheel is a four spoke affair with a chrome insert on it rendering a rich look. Height and telescopic adjustment features in steering are standard on all the variants of Rapid.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users