25 replies to this topic

#1 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

Posted Image

The launch of the Ninja 650R or the er-6f is just around the corner. A lot of buzz is happening about the new bike online. News, speculations, rumours, comparisons with the Hyosung GT-650 - it's all happening there. Let's join the buzz and discuss this mean machine right here.

What according to you would be the right price for this bike to start with? You can also participate in a poll started by us sometime earlier by clicking here

Here's the detailed spec sheet of the bike

Engine type Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke Parallel Twin

Displacement 649 cm³

Bore x stroke 83 x 60 mm

Compression ratio 11.3:1

Valve/Induction system DOHC, 8 valves

Fuel system Fuel injection: ø38 mm x 2 (Keihin)

Ignition Digital

Starting Electric

Transmission 6-speed, return

Frame type Diamond, high-tensile steel

Tyre, front 120/70ZR17M/C (58W)

Tyre, rear 160/60ZR17M/C (69W)

Suspension, front 41 mm telescopic fork

Suspension, rear Offset laydown single-shock with adjustable preload

Brakes, front Dual semi-floating 300 mm petal discs. Dual piston

Brakes, rear Single 220 mm petal disc. Single-piston

Dimensions (L x W x H) 2,100 x 760 x 1,200 mm

Wheelbase 1,410 mm

Ground Clearance 145 mm

Seat height 790 mm

Fuel capacity 15.5 litres

Curb Mass 204 kg / 208 kg (ABS)

Maximum power 72.1 PS / 8,500 rpm

Maximum torque 66 Nm  / 7,000 rpm

#2 ch.madhur

ch.madhur

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

The success of this ninja depend mainly on its price,
Ninja 250R is an awesome bike but priced a bit higher than it should be, although it manage to sell more than 1000, but Bajaj-Kawasaki should not do the same with this one too.

and now talk of the comparison(not basis on specs), i like 650 very much, but my heart still want hyosung more. May be its looks dont turn me on probably thats the reason.
Pick up a ride and rewrite yourself to a new Identity....

#3 sheelpriye

sheelpriye

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

They can take the liberty to price it 1L more than the GT, but if they want to make the Garware wing weep, they know where to hit. Ex showroom 4.99L

I apologize to go OT, but can we see 250R's pricing to be dropped? CBR 250R is too good at the price which it is offered at. Can somebody confirm if the sales of the Ninja 250R has gone south post CBR 250R's launch.
Ben Spies

The bike does not define you, but the actions you perform while on the bike do.

#4 Ricci

Ricci

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:57 PM

View Postsheelpriye, on 17 May 2011 - 11:37 PM, said:

They can take the liberty to price it 1L more than the GT, but if they want to make the Garware wing weep, they know where to hit. Ex showroom 4.99L

I apologize to go OT, but can we see 250R's pricing to be dropped? CBR 250R is too good at the price which it is offered at. Can somebody confirm if the sales of the Ninja 250R has gone south post CBR 250R's launch.

if they sell 1000 Ninja 250R's a year, it's not a huge market and at those volumes, I suspect the CBR250R won't make much of a dent on sales, besides since they're not manufacturing the Ninja, only assembling after orders , they're not making a loss if sales reduce to even half. But I do hope the price reduces, and especially the GT650. It's $6000 in the US, half the price here, I thought CKDs attract 60% duty not 100.

Not to talk of Hyosung quality/reliability, but the GT650R feels more of a sportbike than the ER6. If price/quality are known to be equal, I know I'd pick the GT, someone more inclined to a tourer would pick the K.

#5 arn

arn

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

View PostRicci, on 18 May 2011 - 11:57 PM, said:

if they sell 1000 Ninja 250R's a year, it's not a huge market and at those volumes, I suspect the CBR250R won't make much of a dent on sales, besides since they're not manufacturing the Ninja, only assembling after orders , they're not making a loss if sales reduce to even half. B

Thats not the only cost. Regardless of whether you sell 10 bikes or 100, people have to be trained, inventory maintained, etc. That's a fixed cost. + the fewer the bikes the fewer the spares sales. All that costs money, and eats into the "profits" generated by the few that sell.

Personally I feel the CBR will not just dent, but almost wipe out their sales, as the kawa, priced double, is for practical purposes in the same class, with both bikes being superior in some respects than the other.

#6 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:25 PM

It's official. The bike is launching on the 8th of June! here' a pic from the teaser site
Posted Image

#7 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Cost in Thailand: 257000 THB = INR 382159/- (1 THB= 1.487 INR).
Cost in USA: $7199 = INR 326114 ($1= 45.30 INR)

Bikes imported in CKD form and under the FTA agreement if am not wrong. Anyone has an idea of what the duty rate is under the FTA policy? That'll pretty much show how much money BAL would be stuffing in their pockets on the sale of each bike.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR TRAFFIC

A small bunch of my biking memories

#8 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

To be honest, I was also the part of the focus group secret testing of the n650... the pricing mentioned there was awesome... it was as good as a N650+Z750+N250 for the price of a Yamaha R1 back then.

Clearly things have changed... the Garware chipping in Bajaj can get greedy...
On another note I can bet my money on Garware introducing a price cut as soon as IKLM announces thier prices! They will attribute it for local assembly or something. No wonder they arent giving deliveries despite there being a stack of bikes @ the wai plant!

Life is tough, only to make you tougher!
Ride right, Ride safe, and Ride hard!

#9 Revmaster

Revmaster

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

Whoa! The latest news is that the bike will be priced at rs 4.5 lakh ex-showroom Delhi!
What would those who have booked a GT650R do now??

#10 pulsurge

pulsurge

Deepak Dongre

• Administrators
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

View PostRevmaster, on 06 June 2011 - 10:33 AM, said:

Whoa! The latest news is that the bike will be priced at rs 4.5 lakh ex-showroom Delhi!
What would those who have booked a GT650R do now??

I guess it'll be a case where you married a girl whom you thought was the best you could find, till another better proposal came along. Now either you can divorce your earlier wife and marry the new girl, or just be satisfied with your happy married life ;)

But then then the GT650R is not a bad bike either. Not sure how big the Ninja looks, but when I saw the GT, I was like...bloody so HUGE!
LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR TRAFFIC

A small bunch of my biking memories

#11 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

Anybody wants to go back to the old poll ;)

#12 Ricci

Ricci

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

View Postpulsurge, on 07 June 2011 - 02:06 PM, said:

I guess it'll be a case where you married a girl whom you thought was the best you could find, till another better proposal came along. Now either you can divorce your earlier wife and marry the new girl, or just be satisfied with your happy married life ;)

But then then the GT650R is not a bad bike either. Not sure how big the Ninja looks, but when I saw the GT, I was like...bloody so HUGE!

LOL at the marriage part. Like marriage, you do lose some if you divorce ( resale price of used vehicles , and alimony in the other case). Sorry, no laughing matter that.

I liked the GT650R more than the Ninja 650R based on specs, but I haven't ridden the Ninja and the GT only briefly. I didn't quite like the Ninja's styling especially the stubby exhaust - I like the long round pipes at the side or under-seat ala MV Agusta F4 of yore and the trend of short stubby and especially oddly shaped exhaust pipes isn't to my taste. But to get that better mass centralization, the compromises we must make. The smaller tank isn't a winner either, overall the bike doesn't look all that sporty even though it is full-faired. Add to that, the GT has inverted forks while the Ninja skimps on the clip-ons.

I didn't find many reviews of the GT650R, but the few I did were positive. I hope the Hyosung is as reliable as the Japanese bikes, it is based on the SV650 design after all. And I hope Hyosung/Garware can lower their prices whilst keeping the quality. %^&@#% government taxes !

#13 motormania

motormania

Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

Would like to update this thread with few details about the bike. A friend got delivery (1st in W.B.) of his 650 and he is absolutely loving it. He just cant keep his hands off the bike and is riding it everyday and everywhere. He has completed 1100 kms already and the 1st servicing was done today. I sat pillion for a short while and it is super comfy. Now i hate my P220's seat even more :P. The bike has been returning around 18-22 kmpl.
First service cost -- ~= Rs.2800.

The part where the rear mudguard meets the rear panel had come off due to bad road condition and was fixed in a jiffy during the service. PBK servicing has been top-notch and the customer is literally the king here.

Things done at 1st service- engine oil change, panel adjustment/refitting, headlight beam adjustment, chain clean, all bolts and engine mounting etc tightened and general checkup.
MotoRep-Kolkata

#14 satyenpoojary

satyenpoojary

CommuTOURer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:45 AM

2800 is not bad at all considering that Honda charges almost the twice for the first service!

I just hope Bajaj doesnt get greedy and charge insane premiums on the consumables or spares!

35 days gone! about 90-115 days to go! Sigh!

PS: Ask your friend to join the FB community (India Kawasaki Ninja 650 owners) it has a few Bajaj chaps as well!

#15 arn

arn

Senior Motoroid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

Kawa parts are rather more expensive than the other three. Besides, 2800 is not to steep considering the small number of bikes and the the number of trained personnel they have to support.

Interestingly CBR250s do not have ANY free services in North America, and each service is upwards of $200. Here we just pay a Rs 150 "consumable charge" (other bikes = Rs 25)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users