The New 2011 Swift / Dzire Thread
Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:00 PM
Maruti Suzuki is yet to officially announce the launch of new model of Maruti Swift 2011 in India but the Maruti Suzuki Dealers have already started taking token money for advance booking of Maruti Swift new model 2011. As per the inside information, the Swift 2011 will go in production somewhere around June 2011 in India. So Maruti may launch Swift 2011 New Model Officially In May or June 2011. There are no official announcements about the price or details, but the details of the European version of new Swift 2011 is available for months.
Some of the dealers in Mumbai, Bangalore and Gurgaon have started accepting token money of about Rs. 50,000 which is a refundable deposit. Also as per the sources, the new Swift will be priced at about Rs.30,000 to 40,000 more than old model Swift. The new swift will also be powered by the same 1.2 Litre K-Series engine from Suzuki which is present in the old model of the Swift.
Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:28 PM
I don't remember Maruti opening bookings for the new swift...
Anyways, dissapointed that it looks too similar to the old model...
Although, it would be interesting to see how they market the new version...
Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:12 PM
Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:08 PM
1. The headlamps on the new car are longer and bigger than the earlier version. They now sweep back further towards the front door in a bid to give the car a more front forward and sporty look.
2. The tail-lamps follow the design philosophy applied at the front and they are longer than the ones on the earlier car too. They are elongated towards the rear fender and extend further towards the rear door into the haunches. They now also have a clear lens panel housed in the tail lamp assembly running across the length of the tail-lamp.
3. At the front there is a freshly inserted crease that starts from the inner line of the headlamps and extends into the front bumper, surrounding the air-dam and making a trough-like shape.
4. The quarter panel in the rear windows has been extended further towards the back, suggesting some increase in the legroom at the back bench.
5. There is a recess at the place between the hatch door and the rear bumper. Unlike the earlier car, the hatch door doesn’t have a recess in itself for lifting it up, you have to hold it from where it ends. The horizontal crease in the rear hatch door too has been replaced with a clean look.
6. The central air dam in the front is now bigger and the fog lamps too are placed in a differently designed housing.
7. The bonnet is apparently one inch longer
8. The radiator grill which was of an angular, trapezoidal shape earlier is now more curvaceous and forms a smiley
9. Inside the cabin the car gets a brand new steering wheel and many new buttons on it
10. It seems like apart from the volume controls and other basic functions, the car in the pictures also has cruise control
11. The instrument panel is totally jazzed up with a digital readout placed between the speedo and the tacho. It seems to be quite elaborate with a lot of information available on the digital screen. There is an advanced trip computer too which gives you instantaneous and average consumption, as well as range. 12. The dashboard has been overhauled too. The materials seem to be of a better quality now and the round AC vents on the earlier car have been replaced with, angular ones with aluminium bezels on the central twins. AC vents have been replaced
13. The centre console has been totally changed and it now looks much jazzier than the drab-looking earlier version. It seems to feature an advanced stereo system along with climate control.
14. The gear shifter knob, the hand brake lever and the seats have not been change
Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:56 PM
Latest spy picture, caught at a dealership in India. This is the first time a production model has been caught here in India without any camouflage.
Image courtesy : Chirag Madan
Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:23 PM
Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:03 PM
Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:48 PM
Today we got a news that the car crashed during an ad shoot in Bangalore. Here is one of the pictures.
We have some pictures of the crashed car here.
Share any pictures, or news you get about this darling car of India.