Maruti Suzuki is launching its all new Alto 800 in New Delhi today. The prices for all the variants of the new car are as stated below (Ex-Delhi)
New Maruti Alto 800 Petrol
- STD – 2.44 lakh
- LX – 2.765 lakh
- LXi – 2.99 lakh
New Maruti 800 Petrol + CNG
- STD – 3.19 lakh
- LX – 3.37 lakh
- LXi- 3.56 lakh
The new Alto 800 will be available in three variants – STD, LX and LXI. Here we have a variant wise breakup of the all the features of the new car
LX = STD +
- Heater / AC
- B&C pillar trims
- Front seat back scoops
- Remore fuel lid opener
LXI = LX +
- Power steering
- Optional driver side airbag
- 3 spoke steering wheel
- Remote tail gate opener
- Front Power windows
- Digital clock
- Full wheel covers
- Body colored bumpers
The new Alto 800 is a new design. It is taller, has more cabin space and has more features. The 796cc F8D engine on the new car delivers 47.5 bhp, which is about 3.5 bhp more than the earlier iteration of the engine. Torque is up by a substantial 7nm too. Maruti Suzuki has also worked on the gearshift to make the shift action smoother. The new car also boasts of an ARAI certified 22.74kmpl fuel efficiency which is quite a revelation.
The new Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 is available in two variants- Petrol and Petrol+CNG. The fuel efficiency of the CNG variant is said to be 30.46 kmpl – a boon in today’s torrid times of high fuel prices.
Some more details of the new Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
Maruti refers to the Alto’s face as ‘Wavefront Design’. Nothing too pretty to write home about though. It’s seems to be concoction of many a small car in the Indian market. There’s no clear character to the car’s visual, it reeks ubiquity. then again, that’s probably a good thing for the small car market. No one knows that segment better than Maruti.
At the rear, the license plate has been dipped too low into the bumper. The tail gate gets a new set of creases and a new pair of lamps. Again, nothing out of the ordinary.
All-new petal shaped headlamps. Similarly styled, the tail-lamps try their bit in making the new Alto look like a cohesive design. It isn’t really though.
Hexagonal grille seems to be the order of the day as regards small cars. First the i10, then the new Figo, and now the new Alto. The resemblance of the bonnet lip with that of the Figo’s is uncanny. A prominent crease on the bonnet, along with the spread out bottom of the bumper tries adding some athleticism to the front
All new dashboard, center console, instrument panel and steering wheel for the car. Quality of plastics has improved, and a few more storage spaces have been thrown in. Its all still basic though, but good value for the price nonetheless
Hazard lights button now sits below the center console. Power window switches between the two front seats. Silver inserts on steering wheel, side AC vents and around center console.
Upholstery fabric has been revised. Seats are a bit more spacious now. Notice the nifty storage space above the glove box. There is a bottle holder too ahead of the gearshifter. Door handles on top LXi variant are done in silver
Fuel options include Petrol and CNG.
Full wheel covers are available on the top of the line LXi variant. The car rides on 12 inch wheels shod with tubeless radials.
Driver side airbag is available as an option in the LXi variant.
Booth space has been increased marginally over the previous Alto. There is more legroom and headroom too.
The features of the car, as depicted in the company brochure are represented below
Exterior design pointers of the New Alto 800
- Exterior design not too impressive and appears rather disjointed with cues taken from the likes of Hyundai i10, Ford Figo and Maruti’s very on A-Star
- Hexagonal lower front grille resembles the ones on Hyundai cars. New Ford cars with Kinetic design also have a similar front grille. Even the upper lip resembles the new Figo. The similarity is striking indeed.
- Strong creases on the bonnet try adding some character to the front.
- Front windscreen angled similarly as the earlier Alto
- Wide B-pillar and extra wide C-pillar
- Flared wheel arches add to the visual width of the car
- Rear door resembles that of the i20.
- Very strong crease through the shoulder of the car – runs across the length and tries to add some athletism to the car’s profile
- Rear number plate housed within the bumper
- Unique vertical and horizontal highlight creases on the hatch panel
- All-new tail-lamps have a unique petal inspired design. Doesn’t gel too well with the rest of the design though
Interior features of the new Alto 800
- Brand new dashboard
- More headroom (15mm extra)
- More legroom (again, 15mm extra)
- Slightly bigger boot
- Front seats with integrated headrests
- New storage spaces
- All new three spoke steering wheel
- Silver inserts on Ac vents and steering wheel
- Better plastics with a grey tone
- Front power windows standard
- New instrument console
- Optional driver side airbag
The new Maruti Alto 800 is available in six new colors – Silky Silver, Blazing red, Frost Blue, Torque Blue, Granite Grey and Superior White. Here’s a list with images of the car in the specific color for your reference. Hover over the images for the exact name of the colour.
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Specifications
Overall length 3395 mm
Overall Width 1490 mm
Overall Height 1475 mm
Wheelbase 2360 mm
Front 1295 mm
Rear 1290 mm
Minimum Turning Radius 4.6 m
Ground Clearance 160 mm
Alto 800 695 kg
Alto 800 LX 715 kg
Alto 800 LXi 720 kg. 725 kg (With Airbag)
Gross Vehicle Weight 1185 kg
Swept Volume 796 cc
Engine Type F8D
No. of Cylinders 3
No. of Valves 12
Engine Control 32 Bit Computer
Maximum Power 48 PS @ 6000 rpm
Maximum Torque 69 Nm @ 3500 rpm
Transmission 5 Speed MT
All New Cable Type Gear Shift
Front Gas Filled Mc Pherson Strut
Torsion Roll Control Device
Rear Coil Spring, Gas Filled Shock
Absorbers With Three Link Rigid
Axle And Isolated Trailing Arm
Seating 5 Persons
Fuel Tank 35 litres
Tyre Size 145/80 R12 (Tubeless)
Front Solid Disc