Christened “Claw” because of its unique shape and the way it grabs the rear of any motorcycle.
Considering most of the saddlebags today are available in a drooping format and are good as long as the conventional twin shock rear suspension restrain the movement of the bags from brushing the moving tyre.
But in the recent years with a spate of bike launches i.e. Yamaha R15, Duke 200, CBR 150/250, Pulsar NS200, Hero Impulse etc., have been sporting monoshocks and the traditional saddlebags have been observed to be interfering with the rear tyre causing damages to the bags and the luggage within. In fact even Superbike owners didn’t have many options to choose from (an expensive proposition if available) in case they needed an effective luggage solution on a long ride. The ViaTerra Claw seems to redress this very issue.
Talking of design, the ViaTerra Claw has got a curvy shape which is accentuated by the ribbed rubber strips around the edges. Once packed up, the rider also gets a comfortable back rest. External 1.5” D-rings (metal) are provided for anyone who might want to loop bungee cords to secure the bag.
The Claw comes with an effective three point mounting system using double D-rings i.e. Two straps that loop through the rear foot peg stays (to secure the bag in place) and one that goes under the tail lamp (to prevent the bag from sliding forward).
- 55 Litres Storage Capacity
- 1680 x 1680 Denier Synthetic Fabric used (higher the Denier rating, tougher the material)
- YKK Zippers
- 3M ScothliteTM reflective material (on the sides and the back)
- Fittings sourced from ISO 9001 certified manufacturer
- Free rain cover with seamless construction i.e. it is constructed out of a single piece of lightweight water proof material, leaving no chance for water to seep in.
- 5 compartments in all: 1 main, 2 pockets on the sides, 1 pocket at the top for quick access, 1 mesh pocket inside the bag
- 1.5” external metal D-rings (4 in no.) for looping bungee cords
- Compression straps at top of the bag (to hold the stuff inside the bag snugly in place)
- Much more usable space than regular saddle bags
- Can take in a 2/3 person camping tent, regular sized camera tripod, sleeping bag all at the same time
- Shoulder strap (that can be removed while riding) to carry the bag when off the motorcycle
Priced at Rs. 2,900/-, the ViaTerra Claw is available in a colour combo of Black with Orange (good to go with the KTMs) and can be bought online from www.viaterra.in
Also you may visit the facebook page for more info and any queries at www.facebook.com/viaterra.gear
Expect an exhaustive review of the Claw very soon on Motoroids.