We have been expecting to come across spy pics of the all new Santa Fe on test rounds in India. It may be noted that the car should be here by beginning of 2014. However, we instead see are images of a different Hyundai SUV that were taken at Kolkata. The car we see here is the ix35 (or Tucson) and there is no official word if it will come to us. Regulars here might remember that we are quite used to seeing strange Hyundais in India and last such Korean car to be seen by us was the 3 door i20 that yours truly stumbled upon in Pune.
Getting the ix35 to India with an under INR 10 lakhs price is near impossible and asking anything above it is almost a sureshot recipe to failure. Hence, the ix35 might never come to India and what we might instead get is a crossover based on the high selling i20 platform. Talking of this car here, in all probability, it was spotted while it was being driven towards the border on its way to Bhutan.
In the International market, the ix35 comes with following engine options:
1) 1.6 Gdi 6 speed 2WD Manual : Power – 133bhp Torque – 165Nm
2) 1.7Crdi 6 speed 4WD Manual : Power – 114bhp Torque – 260Nm
3) 2.0Crdi 6 speed 2WD\4WD Manual : Power – 134bhp Torque – 320Nm
4) 2.0Crdi 6speed 4WD Automatic : Power – 181bhp Torque – 392Nm
Features on the ix35:
• 17” alloy wheels
• Air conditioning
• Reversing sensors
• Bluetooth® connectivity with voice recognition
• Leather steering wheel and gear knob
• Eco Drive Indicator
• Heated front and rear seats (outer rear seat bases only)
• Electronic Stability Programme (ESP)
• 6 Airbags
• Panoramic sunroof
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.