Shortly after Toyota Motor Corporation announced its achievement of selling more than 10.05 million hybrid vehicles globally, Toyota Kirloskar Motor has announced the launch of its two hybrid models- the new Camry Hybrid and the all-new, 4th generation Toyota Prius.
Priced at INR 38,96,040 (Ex-showroom New Delhi) the new 2017 Toyota Prius will be available in one grade- Z8. The Prius, which has close to 4 million customers across the globe was first introduced in India in 2010, and the 4th generation model was showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo.
The new Prius is the first vehicle to be built on Toyota New Generation Architecture (TNGA). According to Toyota, the TNGA platform means “low-stance designs, giving the cars a lower centre of gravity than before, which in turn results in better suspension, stability and handling”.
The 2017 Toyota Prius is powered by a 1.8-litre, 4-cylinder, VVT-i petrol engine that offers EV, ECO, and POWER modes. This IC engine, producing 95 hp at 5200 rpm and 142 Nm of torque at 3600 rpm, works in conjunction with a permanent magnet AC synchronous motor churning out 71 hp and 163 Nm of twist.
Combined together, the hybrid system (Hybrid Synergy Drive) generates 121 hp, and claims a maximum efficiency of 26.27 kpl. Power is harnessed through a step-less automatic transmission (CVT) that sends it to the front wheels.
Key new features of the all-new 2017 Toyota Prius:
2017 Toyota Prius Performance
1. All-new Prius is the first Toyota vehicle to be introduced with TNGA (Toyota New Generation Architecture)
2. All-new Prius available now in its 4th generation
3. 1.8-litre petrol engine produces 95 hp and 142 Nm of torque
4. Mileage of 26.27 kmpl *
5. Powered by Hybrid Synergy Drive
6. Available in Drive mode and EV Mode
7. Regenerative braking system
*(as certified by test Agency under rule 115 of CMVR, 1989 under standard test conditions)
2017 Toyota Prius Exterior Features
1. LED headlamps, LED fog lamps with DRL (daytime running lamps)
2. 15” Alloy Wheels
3. Outside color door handles
4. Smart entry (driver, passenger and back door) with push start system
2017 Toyota Prius Interior Features
1. Leather seats
2. Illuminated entry (room lamp, personal lamp & step lamp)
3. Inside Chrome Door handles
4. Eco Driving Indicator (Eco-Lamp & HV-Indicator)
2017 Toyota Prius Comfort & Convenience Features
1. Premium audio with 10 JBL speakers and Touchscreen display audio with DVD, AM/FM, CD, MP3, USB, Aux-in & Bluetooth
2. Pitch & bounce control
3. Follow me home headlamps
4. Seat heater (driver and passenger)
5. Head up display
6. Wireless charger
7. Dual Auto AC
2017 Toyota Prius Safety & Security Features
1. 7 airbags (driver, passenger, front side, curtain, driver knee airbag)
2. Seat belt warning
3. ABS, BA, EBD, VSC & Traction Control
5. Rear seat child restraint system with ISOFIX
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.